Entry Deadline: 10/20/17
Days remaining to deadline: 10
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (The Center for Contemporary Arts National Competition): $25.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $25.00
The Center For Contemporary Arts
1st Annual Juried Art Show & Competition
November 16, 2017 – January 13, 2018
This is a national competition open to all artists 21 years of age and over. Submitted artwork must not have been shown previously at the Center for Contemporary Arts (CCA).
Original, 2 and 3-dimensional art only. No artwork over 3 years old may be shown.
Boundary measurement of framed art shall not exceed 200 inches.
Oil, watercolor, scratch board, acrylic, gouache, alkyd, tempera, mixed media, pastel, pencil, pen & ink, aquatint, watercolor, bronze, wood, ceramic, photography and digital art will be accepted. If you have a question regarding your media, please call or email us: 325-677-8389, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The call will open September 1, 2017 and will end October 20, 2017. No exceptions.
Entry and Fee
All entry submissions must be done through CaFE. (https://www.callforentry.org/)
Entry fees are $25 per image. Submit up to three (3) images. Fees may be paid with Visa, MasterCard, a personal check, money order or cashier’s check made payable to the Center for Contemporary Arts. Credit Card fees will be paid through CaFE.
Notification of Selection
· All entrants will be notified whether their artwork has been selected. All original artwork accepted shall be either hand delivered or shipped to the CCA no later than November 4, 2017.
· Ship to: Center for Contemporary Arts
§ 220 Cypress St.
· Abilene, TX 79601
· All accepted artwork shall be labeled on the back with: Artists’ Name, Title of Piece, phone number and Retail Price.
· All shipping charges (both directions) for artwork shall be at the artist’s expense.
· All Artwork shall be shipped back to the artist via artist’s carrier unless other arrangements are made with the CCA. We suggest that you buy a RETURN SHIPPING LABEL when you purchase the shipping label.
· All shipped artwork shall be in sturdy, reusable containers. Your shipping and packaging material must be useful for the return of your paintings or you will be charged an extra fee for packing materials supplied by the CCA.
NO POPCORN PACKING MATERIAL ALLOWED.
· No glass except for pastel art. Only plexi-glass glazing will be accepted for all other artwork. This is essential for the safety of the originals.
· All artwork should be framed, wired and ready to hang.
No saw-tooth hangers. Gallery-wrapped canvases are acceptable if the sides are painted and the piece is wired and ready to hang.
· Check your shipping insurance. You are responsible for insuring the amount above what your shipper will cover. The Center for Contemporary Arts is NOT responsible for damage caused to artwork during shipping.
Display and Sale of Original Art
The CCA prefers entries that are for sale. Please state a price reflecting current market value for your artwork. For any artwork sold, the CCA shall be entitled to retain twenty percent (20%) of the selling price as a donation and shall remit eighty percent (80%) of the selling price to the artist. Please provide an insured value on all artwork. The CCA assumes reproduction rights for promotional purposes only. If a piece is sold between entry and notification, the piece is till eligible to compete in the show. However, if the piece cannot be sent to the CCA for display in the show, it will be withdrawn from the competition.
About the Juror – Randy Meador
Randy Meador is a self-taught artist whose own exhaustive studies of works by Winslow Homer, John Singer Sargent, and Paul Cezanne have influence his art.
Born just a stone’s throw from the Waggoner Ranch in Vernon, Texas and raised on a smaller ranch in Central West Texas, Randy fell in love with the hues of the West and returned to those hues in 2007 as a full time artist.
In 2012, Randy began accepting workshop and demo requests. His animated and unorthodox presentations are filling much of his annual schedule.
Randy’s Biography of Commissions and Awards:
- Designed several 12-foot stone relief panels for TCU stadium
- Designed several 12-foot stone relief panels for the TCU football stadium
- CM Russell watercolor lecturer for Sid Richardson and Amon Carter Museum.
- Designed three large monuments for the Chickasaw Nation.
- Designed and installed two life-sized horse sculptures for City of Grand Prairie, Tx
- Solo show with Justin Boots.
- Artist for Wounded Warrior Project.
- Artist for the Chris Kyle Foundations
- Exhibition Juror – approximately 10 shows each year.
- Popular workshop instructor.
- Currently filming a syndicated television show.
September 1, 2017 Call opens for submissions.
October 20, 2017 Deadline for entry submissions. Absolutely no entries will be accepted after this date.
October 24, 2017 Notification of selected artwork
November 4, 2017 Deadline to receive artwork
November 15, 16 2017 Notification of award winning artists
November 16 2017 Show opens to the public
November 18, 2017 Reception from 6:00pm-8:00pm
December 6 – 9, 2017 Demonstrations
January 13, 2018 Show closes
January 15, 2018 Deadline to pick-up hand delivered work.
Best of Show Award $1,500
Jurors Award $ 750
Merit Award $ 500
1st Place - 2D Oil $ 500
1st Place - 2D Watercolor $ 500
1st Place – 2D Pastel/Dry Media $ 500
1st Place – 2D Acrylic $ 500
1st Place – 2D Mixed Media $ 500
1st Place – 2D Photography $ 500
1st Place – 2D Digital $ 500
1st Place – 3D Sculpture $ 500