Grants are offered in four broad discipline categories—Performing Arts, Media Arts, Visual Arts, Literary Arts—and applications in each discipline category are accepted once per year. Artists may apply for grants of up to $10,000 to support the creation of new artwork over a 12-month period. The current grant cycle focuses on Performing Arts and Media Arts.
2016 RUBYS ARTIST PROJECT GRANTS
The current grant round focuses on Literary Arts and Visual Arts. The application is now live and may be found here. The deadline to apply is Monday, August 1, 2016 at 11:59pm.
2016 GRANT WORKSHOPS
These workshops provide detailed information about applying for a Rubys Artist Project Grant as well as general tips and strategies for individual artists in the grant seeking process. All workshops are free to attend but RSVP is requested. RSVP here.
- Thursday, June 9, 2016 @ 6pm @ exittheapple (2334 Guilford Ave, Baltimore 21218)
- Thursday, June 16, 2016 @ 6pm @ Still Life Gallery (8173 Main St, Ellicott City 21043)
- Monday, June 20, 2016 @ 6pm @ Bel Air Branch Library (100 E Pennsylvania Ave, Bel Air 21014)
- Tuesday, June 28 @ 6pm @ Chesapeake Arts Center (194 Hammonds Ln, Brooklyn Park 21225)
- Monday, July 18, 2016 @ 6pm @ Motor House (120 W. North Ave, Baltimore 21201)
To be eligible for a grant, an artist must be:
- A resident of Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Harford County, or Howard County both at the time of application and when the grant is awarded;
- A U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident;
- At least 21 years old;
- An active practicing artist who has pursued their profession in their chosen discipline for more than three years.
A complete grant application consists of:
- Proposal narrative (one page)
- Project Timeline
- Project Budget
- Artist resume / bio / CV
- Work sample inventory list
- A selection of artwork samples (up to 10)
Download the -->Grant Guidelines:2016 Literary and Visual Arts<-- for complete details on how to prepare your application.
APPLY HERE. Applications are accepted online and there is a $25 application fee. The deadline to submit an application is Monday, August 1, 2016 at 11:59pm. If you are currently a GBCA member, contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you begin your application for instructions on applying without paying the application fee.
Click below for sample templates of a project budget, timeline, and inventory list. These templates are intended as guides to assist when preparing the information to include in your appliction materials.
Add your name and email address to the Rubys e-news list to recieve updates on announcememts, deadlines, and upcoming information sessions and workshops.
Please contact email@example.com
The Rubys Artist Grants were conceived and initiated with start-up funding from the Robert W. Deutsch Foundation and are a program of the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance.