The Walters Art Museum has a full time opening for a dynamic and energetic individual to work in the Museum Advancement Division as the Development & Prospect Research Coordinator. The Walters seeks someone for this role to manage and expand the pool of major donors, institutional donors, and committee and governance prospects through comprehensive and proactive research. Reporting to the Manager of Major Gifts, the incumbent will also support the Manager of Individual Giving and Director of Institutional Giving & Government Affairs in order to further donor cultivation across the Development Department.
Expands the donor pool and coordinates moves management by:
- Establishing an ongoing rating system for new prospects and potential major gift capacity within the existing donor base.
- Working closely with the Database Administrator and Development Officers to build and maintain a prospect tracking system for both Individual and Institutional Giving.
- Working with senior Development officers and the Office of the Director to coordinate ongoing stewardship and cultivation.
Maximizes giving from our existing donor pool by:
- Synthesizing large quantities of data to highlight donor attrition rates, providing trends, etc.
- Preparing concise, user-friendly reports for the use of the entire Development team.
- Maintaining up-to-date wealth information in Raiser’s Edge by using ResearchPoint.
- Working closely with the Manager of Individual Giving and Manager of Major Gifts on process for the timely printing and mailing of renewal letters for gifts of $1,000 and above.
- Merging and coordinating renewal and major gift ask packages; coordinating timely and accurate acknowledgement gifts over $1000.
- Compiling comprehensive donor and prospect profiles for special events, campaigns, and annual gift solicitations; managing and distributing prospect profiles for staff and board leadership in advance of major donor events.
Maintains accurate, organized, and consistent recordkeeping by:
- Recording proposals, annual ask amounts, and tracking moves management in Raiser’s Edge.
- Working with the Database Administrator to record cultivation and stewardship actions.
- Providing checks and balances to ensure accurate gift entry.
- Assisting Membership Hotline and with Development special events. Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of related Development experience.
- Strong working knowledge of fundraising cultivation and strategies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, ResearchPoint or related wealth engine software.
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc) at the intermediate level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, customer service skills.
- Requires a high level of initiative and ability to work independently, as well as work effectively in a team environment.
- Attention to detail a must; strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to deal in stressful situations; ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion essential.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as required.
We offer an attractive benefits package. For consideration, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com. Application end date is April 3, 2017.
An Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer.
A smoke and drug free workplace.