The Walters Art Museum has an immediate need for a dynamic and energetic full time Lead Café Assistant to work in the Museum Café operations. Reporting to the Manager of Retail Operations, the individual will carry out routine food, staffing and customer services strategies as set out by the Manager, and providing daily feedback of issues, problems or restocking needs. Responsibilities include:
- Meeting regularly with the Manager to receive assignments, obtain staff schedules, report problems and discuss issues to assure completion of daily routine procedures; opening and closing Café according to museum schedule; ensuring HACCP Plan and SOP, especially with regard to alcohol service, are completed daily by staff; preparing Café for daily operation, communicating daily directives to staff, monitoring and recording daily inventory of all food, beverages and supplies.
- Ensuring accurate processing of all sales transactions in the POS system; completing daily reconciliation of cash drawers; preparing deposits/POS paperwork for review by Assistant Manager; assuring cash drawers and daily deposits are placed in appropriate safes, retaining paperwork related to all food and beverage deliveries.
- Ensuring a high level of customer services and providing knowledge of food and beverage options to visitors; addressing all types of customer inquiries and communicating such inquiries to the Manager.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in restaurant leadership. Art/Museum background a plus.
- Familiarity with general operation of a café/restaurant. Completion of ServSafe Certification and BEST Alcohol Awareness Training through the Restaurant Association of Maryland. Willingness to participate in Maryland food/alcohol safety training and certification as needed.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; able to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong interpersonal and proven customer service skills; a team player and able to work professionally with the public. Must be flexible, reliable and willing to learn and adapt to new situations.
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a POS system.
- Must be 21 years of age to serve alcohol.
- Work schedule normally Wednesday thru Sunday, 9am to 5pm; requires some evenings as needed for special events.
We offer an attractive benefits package. For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer.
A smoke and drug free workplace.