The Walters Art Museum is among America’s top 50 art museums. Situated in the historic Mt. Vernon district of Baltimore, the Walters has an internationally renowned collection of over 33,000 objects. It presents major exhibitions annually, has a world-class conservation studio and research program, and is a leader in education. The Walters’ Advancement Division consists of Development, Marketing & Communications, Visitor Services, and the Office of the Board of Trustees. Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving & Major Gifts, the individual will be part of a dynamic team that collaborates with each other.
The Development Manager will advance the mission of the Walters by planning, organizing and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment by contributors. Emphasis will be given to establishing and achieving escalating annual support from individuals, and expanding the number and contribution level of those who associate with the Walters as members.
- Stewardship of Donors
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors making gifts over $5,000.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift prospects for project-based support, including exhibitions and campaign.
- Establish metrics for measuring progress and implementing annual goals.
- With the Manager of Individual Giving, identify prospects with capacity and inclination to make planned gifts, including gifts of art.
- Work collaboratively with Finance Department to track gifts.
- Prospect Research and Moves Management
- Manage the Development and Prospect Research Coordinator.
- With the Manager of Individual Giving, create and implement a strategic and comprehensive focus around individual outreach and prospect management to increase annual giving and develop a strong pipeline of consistent donors.
- Donor events and cultivation
- Collaborate with the Manager of Special Events and Rentals to plan and execute donor cultivation events.
- Collaborate on the stewardship of affiliate groups.
- Support donor events, including the Gala, with planning and staffing.
- Liaise with Marketing and Communications to coordinate projects and timeframes to ensure clear lines of communication among marketing, membership and development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in Liberal Arts, minimum three years of fundraising experience, preferably in an arts organization to include a demonstrated history of meeting or exceeding goals. Must have supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the mechanics of fundraising from individuals and awareness of best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, i.e. Word and Excel; must be proficient with computer-based development management tools such as Raiser’s Edge.
- High level of initiative, attention to detail; ability to maintain confidentiality, a proven ability to work independently, commitment to a collaborative approach to fundraising with willingness to participate in activities and assignments that reflect the goals and mission of the Walters.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends; local travel also required.
We offer an attractive benefits package.
The Walters Art Museum
Job Submission Requirements:
For consideration, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com. Application end date is Friday, June 2, 2017.