Maryland Historical Society
Founded in 1844, the Maryland Historical Society (MdHS) is the state’s oldest continuously operating cultural institution. In keeping with the founders’ commitment to preserve the remnants of Maryland’s past, MdHS remains the premier institution for state history. With over 350,000 objects and seven million books and documents, this institution now serves upward of 100,000 people through its museum, library, press, and educational programs.
Annual Giving & Membership Manager
Working under the direction of the Director of Development, the Annual Giving & Membership Manager oversees all primary functions related to the Annual Fund and Maryland Historical Society membership program. In addition to those responsibilities outlined below, this position is a key member of a small, high functioning staff and provides guidance and support to multiple departments throughout the organization regarding fundraising activities.
- In conjunction with Director of Development, create and execute a yearly plan to advance the Annual Fund and Membership programs with particular attention paid to Leadership members.
- Manage overall process for retention, acquisition/reacquisition, and upgrading of current members.
- Plan and implement varied Annual Fund solicitations.
- Supervise the work of the Development Coordinator.
- Maintain and manage the Raiser’s Edge donor database and related systems (in conjunction with Development Coordinator) to ensure accuracy, security and efficiency for all database processes, as well as actas primary account contact for software provider.
- Create and disseminate requested reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Director of Public Programs in planning and executing events while integrating Annual Fund and Membership appeals as applicable.
- Serve as primary liaison to the Development Committee for the Board of Trustees
- Work with the IT and Marketing staff to ensure consistency in web and print materials with MdHS branding and manage social media and other electronic outreach to membership and potential donors.
- Act as a liaison to the Young Defenders (an affinity group of young supporters of the MdHS) and the society and engage members in our overall activities.
- And other duties as may be required.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, and at least three years of relevant experience in development, communications, and/or sales & marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability work as a member of a diverse team while also working independently, and the highest regard for confidential donor information are a must.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database is highly preferred.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and full benefits, including health insurance and 403(b) retirement plan.
Maryland Historical Society
Annual Giving and Membership Manager
Job Submission Requirements:
For consideration, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org