The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and implementing all web content and email initiatives to support the BSO’s goals of driving earned revenue online and deepening patron engagement. This position, reporting to the Marketing & PR Manager, will serve as the primary lead for maintenance of the BSO’s website (BSOmusic.org). Successful candidates must have 1-3 years prior experience in a digital marketing or e-commerce role.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- 1-3 years prior experience in a digital marketing or e-commerce role.
- Experience working with a CMS, preferably with an e-commerce website.
- Experience with developing email marketing campaigns.
- Proficient in digital analytic reporting, including but not limited to experience with Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Highly organized, methodical and process-driven.
- Must have a strong customer focus with the ability to identify and distinguish unique customer segments.
- Have a creative eye and mind for online page layout and digital media.
- Experience with Tessitura, Umbraco and Mail2 is a plus.
- Experience with responsive design is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be a self-starter who takes direction well.
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills.
- Ability and motivation to work in creative ways to expand the boundaries of traditional audience services and take advantage of emerging e-commerce technologies.
- Background in arts management is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform day-to-day content maintenance of the BSO website and ensure accurate, updated information is available for all patrons.
- Be familiar with full capabilities of Umbraco, the BSO’s Content Management System, and CMS segments to build events/performance packages and to offer streamlined and efficient solutions to online projects and campaigns.
- Understand how the website interfaces with our ticketing system, Tessitura, and actively report/troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Serve as the primary liaison with website developers, Perficient Digital, to ensure timely and efficient maintenance of the BSO’s website.
- Responsible for designing, scheduling, proofing and deploying all BSO e-blasts for the organization.
- Manage targeted patron email lists to maintain open rates and revenue of BSO e-blasts.
- Optimize marketing assets for digital implementation, ensuring all digital marketing is user-friendly and responsive.
- Report on digital analytics to the BSO marketing team on a regular basis.
- Stay abreast of trends and emerging technology in the online marketplace and industry, adjusting the online marketing plan accordingly.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Competitive salary negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Health insurance: three options to choose from; all at low cost to the employee
- Dental, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, paid entirely by the BSO
- Generous paid time off, including annual, personal and sick leave
- Two 403(b) plan options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts, including Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free and/or discounted tickets to BSO concerts
ABOUT THE BSO
Founded in 1916, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is internationally recognized as having achieved a preeminent place among the world's most important orchestras. Acclaimed for its uncompromising pursuit of artistic excellence, the Baltimore Symphony has attracted a devoted national and international following while maintaining deep bonds throughout the Maryland community through innovative education and community outreach initiatives. The BSO presents nearly 160 concerts throughout the season across a diverse range of series including Off the Cuff, Classical, Family, SuperPops and mid-week education concerts serving public, private schools and home-school students in Baltimore City, Baltimore, Montgomery, Prince George’s and Howard counties.
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
Digital Marketing Manager
Job Submission Requirements:
Submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: MarketingJobs@BSOmusic.org, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, 1212 Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD, 21201. References may be required upon request. No phone calls please.