Port Discovery Children's Museum is looking for a responsible and creative individual to be our full-time Studio Workshop Associate.
The Studio Workshop Associate works directly with guests in one-on-one or group scenarios to lead, educate and demonstrate Studio Workshop programming. Responsible for overall guest experience as it pertains to the programming and the creative environment in Studio Workshop. Acts as an advocate for all programs, exhibits, and overall functions of the Museum. Helps maintain Studio Workshop by cleaning, restocking, organizing, performing inventory, prepping materials and following regular opening/closing procedures. Occasionally performs Program Associate duties on Museum floor when Studio Workshop is off-line.
Works a very flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings as needed. Position requires work on both SATURDAYS and SUNDAYS. Non-operating hours may be necessary to meet hourly requirements.
Examples of Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Represents the first line of assistance, direction, and interaction with all guests in Studio Workshop.
- Facilitates Studio Workshop programming.
- Performs tasks as directed by the Visual Arts Specialist.
- Conveys educational value of Studio Workshop programming to potential Museum donors, stakeholders, and other guests.
- Assists with overall Studio Workshop inventory, activity preparation, and caretaking of exhibit space.
- Provides superior customer service by answering questions and directing guests.
- Responsible for thorough understanding and knowledge of all Museum exhibits and programs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree or degree-in-progress in Visual/Fine Art or related field required.
- Experience working with children.
- Excellent customer service skills necessary.
- Proven ability to deal with the public a strong plus.
- Experience teaching art programs to children and adults preferred.
- Willingness to be flexible in scheduling weekends are required as well as some evenings
Port Discovery Children’s Museum offers a generous benefits package in addition to providing you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children. The museum is conveniently located right next to a subway stop, or we offer free parking to employees.
This is an entry level position! Resume and cover letter, must be in MS Word or PDF format, is required for consideration. Please submit them to email@example.com and note the job title (“Studio Workshop Associate”) in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Port Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.