The Maryland Historical Society is a 501(c)3 corporation and an equal opportunity employer. It is the state’s oldest continually operating cultural institution dating to 1844. In its headquarters in Baltimore’s Mount Vernon Historic District, it is home to more than 50,000 museum objects and 7 million books and documents.
The Grants Manager carries out an aggressive plan to identify, solicit, manage and maintain support from public and private funders. Sources include state and local government agencies and private and corporate foundations. The position works closely with the other members of the advancement team as well as the program and finance departments. This is an in-house position.
- Conduct research to identify project-appropriate funding sources
- Write project-specific and general support grant proposals and applications; letters of inquiry, progress reports and other correspondence to prospective and renewing foundations, corporations, and government agencies
- Gather and prepare all materials to accompany grant requests (financial data, bios, required forms, etc.)
- Produce acknowledgment and thank you letters
- Track submitted proposals (i.e. confirms receipt of mailings and online applications, etc.)
- Ensure grant compliance through the timely submission of interim and final reports
- Must possess excellent writing and computer skills. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is a plus
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and the ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects/deadlines
- Knowledge of Baltimore’s philanthropic community a plus
- A track record of producing successful grant applications
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Two or more years of grant writing experience, preferably in a museum, educational or cultural institution.
- Experience with foundation, government and corporate grants.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefit package.
Maryland Historical Society
Job Submission Requirements:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org