About Young Audiences/Arts for Learning:
Young Audiences of Maryland, Inc. (YA) envisions a day when every student in Maryland has the opportunity to imagine, create, and realize their full potential through the arts. Our mission is to transform the lives and education of our youth through the arts by connecting educators, professional artists, and communities. Collectively, the network reaches more than five million youth, educators, and families each year. Across the state of Maryland, YA serves over 190,000 students at nearly 425 schools, libraries, and community centers annually.
YA offers its interns a unique and valuable chance to learn the ins and outs of a leading arts-in-education nonprofit and to contribute to the continued success of the organization. Our internship program is flexible and can be tailored to provide the most optimum experience for each student through a collaborative learning process.
Learning Experiences Include:
- Work with the Executive Assistant to support the work of the President & CEO and Leadership Team.
- Assist with planning and staffing special events.
- Transcribe written notes from meetings into organized documents.
- Communicate with board members and other community leaders by phone and/or email about YA activities.
- Work with the Office Coordinator to keep detailed records of invitations and attendance at special events.
- Assist with filing and other administrative tasks.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Requirements and skills:
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office skills, Excel experience a plus!
- Some understanding of the arts community, Maryland School System, and nonprofits.
About the Internship:
- The ideal candidate will be able to start in October and intern for 8 -12 weeks.
- Work Schedule: flexible; Maximum of 15 hours per week. May require some evenings.
- Compensation: College Credit or Small Stipend available.
Application Instructions: For consideration, please email a resume and cover letter to Chaz Walters at Chaz@yamd.org and list "Administrative Internship" in the subject line.