WHO ARE YOU?
You are a creative leader and innovative visual storyteller who obsesses over art direction, visuals, and communications and will find creative and clever ways to delight and surprise Everyman patrons and contributors. You are conceptual, strategic and collaborative and know that good ideas can come from anywhere. You are the best listener you know. You are able to extract extraordinary thoughts and ideas from your creative collaborators and have the ability to mentor creative. You are capable of crafting and executing your own big ideas. You have exceptional craftsmanship, intellectual curiosity and are someone with a focus on creating innovative work. You’re cool in the face of a challenge and will vigorously and passionately seek opportunities to magnify the values, goals and mission of Everyman Theatre.
WHO WE ARE
Everyman Theatre is a professional theatre that celebrates the actor, with a resident company of artists from the Baltimore/Washington, DC area. We seek emotional truth in performance through a diverse range of human experiences found in a mix of dramas and comedies. We strive to engage, inspire, and transform through theatre of the highest artistic standards and make it affordable and accessible to everyone. We are committed to embodying the promise of our name, Everyman Theatre.
THE JOB AT HAND
- You’ll concept, organize and create video collateral to include but not limited to:
- Each production (6): teasers/trailers, inside look videos/interviews
- Education videos
- Institutional videos
- Everyman Gala video needs
- You’ll serve as a design leader and collaborator for the development, creation and execution of a wide-range of production and cross-departmental digital projects, overseeing their “look” and quality by:
- Creating and/or directing layouts, visual approaches and details, such as style and size of type, photographs and graphics.
- Assisting in the proofing process for materials.
- Managing Email marketing campaigns by designing marketing and other solicitation emails (copy and lists provided by other staff) and sending them.
- Consulting with appropriate departments in the development of effective copy and collateral with the marketing team.
- You will attend and assist with video needs on-site at the gala.
- You will regularly attend weekly marketing departmental meeting, occasional inter-departmental meetings and others when necessary.
- You’ll regularly attend cross-departmental meetings to best manage creative vision and processes
- You’ll drive Everyman to innovate on social platforms and be able enhance the Theatre’s unique POV on each.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS
- A strong aesthetic sense and mastery of composition techniques in producing polished final pieces (i.e., attention to detail and understanding of multimedia).
- A strong portfolio demonstrating ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing diverse materials across multiple platforms
- An ability to give and take constructive criticism, and follow direction
- An ability to carry out a concept from start to completion, on your own and as a manager
- Great communication skills, both written and oral
- A proven ability to meet deadlines
- A talent for juggling multiple creative projects and switching easily between decisions for each
- Exceptional computer skills. Knowledge of Macintosh operating platform a must. PC understanding a plus. Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro (or other movie editing software) and Microsoft PowerPoint and Word. Experience with MailChimp, the major social media platforms.
BA/BFA degree preferred, with coursework emphasis in illustration, graphic design, commercial/visual arts, or advertising. With a BA/BFA degree, 3+ years of art and design experience. With less than a BA/BFA degree, 4-6 years of related experience are required. Must have a demonstrated interest in theatre.
This position is full time with benefits and reports directly to the Marketing Director. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.