The Walters Art Museum has a full time opening for a dynamic and energetic individual to work in the Museum Advancement Division as the Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator manages and expands the pool of donors ($1,000 and above), institutional donors, and committee and governance prospects through comprehensive and proactive research. Reporting to the Development Manager, this position provides ongoing donor stewardship and cultivation support across the Development Department through the use of prospect research and moves management.
Expands the donor pool and coordinates moves management by:
- Establishing an ongoing rating system for prospects and potential major gift capacity within the existing donor base.
- Working closely with the Database Administrator and Development Managers to implement moves management for both Individual and Institutional Giving.
- Supporting Development Managers and Directors in ongoing donor stewardship and cultivation as well as moves management.
- Subscribing to various business, philanthropy and news outlets to stay informed of relationship-building opportunities in Baltimore.
Maximizes giving from our existing donor pool by:
- Synthesizing large quantities of data to highlight donor attrition rates, giving trends, etc.
- Preparing concise, user-friendly reports for the use of the entire Development team.
- Using tools like ResearchPoint to maintain up-to-date wealth information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Working closely with the Manager of Individual Giving and Development Manager on processes for the timely printing and mailing of renewal letters for gifts of $1,000 and above
- Merging and coordinating renewal and major gift ask packages.
- Coordinating timely and accurate acknowledgement of gifts over $1,000.
- Compiling comprehensive donor and prospect profiles for special events, campaigns, and annual gift solicitations .
- Manage weekly stewardship log for Executive Director.
- Manage and distribute prospect profiles for staff and board leadership in advance of donor events.
Maintains accurate, organized, and consistent recordkeeping by:
- Recording proposals, annual ask amounts, and tracking moves management in Raiser’s Edge.
- Working with the Database Administrator to record cultivation and stewardship actions
- Providing checks and balances to ensure accurate gift entry.
- Entering gifts during busy fundraising seasons in the absence of the Database Administrator.
- Providing additional support to Development team as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related development experience; emphasis on supporting development managers with prospect and moves management utilizing Raiser’s Edge software preferred. Related experience considered.
- Strong working knowledge in fundraising cultivation and strategies. Demonstrated knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and ResearchPoint or related wealth engine software.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Raiser’s Edge, ResearchPoint or related wealth engine software, and Microsoft Office suite. Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. Attention to detail, confidentiality, and discretion essential.
- Requires a high level of initiative and ability to work independently, as well as work effectively in a team environment.
- Core work schedule is 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend hours needed for occasional special events.
We offer an attractive benefits package. For consideration, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to [email protected]. Application end date is December 13, 2017.
An Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer.
A smoke and drug free workplace.