Everyman Theatre seeks candidates for the position of Individual Giving Manager to join the growing Development Department. The Individual Giving Manager reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for the streamlining and expansion of the individual giving strategy to identify, cultivate, and solicit new donor prospects and renew existing individual donors to achieve fundraising goals.
Everyman Theatre is a professional theatre that celebrates the actor, with a resident company of artists from the Baltimore/Washington DC area. We seek emotional truth in performance through a diverse range of human experiences found in a mix of dramas and comedies – from timeless classics to world premieres. We strive to engage, inspire and transform artists, audiences and our community through theatre of the highest artistic standards and make it affordable and accessible to everyone. We are committed to embodying the promise of our name, Everyman Theatre.
Specific duties include:
- Developing annual solicitation plans and related activities for key mid-level giving prospects, maintaining these strategies, ask targets and donor communication in the theatre’s constituent relationship management system.
- Cultivating, stewarding, and soliciting individual contributors, increasing donor retention rates and average gift values while leading new donor acquisition and upgrade efforts.
- Managing a variety of year-round individual giving campaigns, including direct mail, mobile giving and a monthly recurring donation program that will grow annual revenue from individuals.
- Planning and executing all specialized individual giving campaigns including but not limited to End of Year, End of Fiscal Year, Special Projects, and additional mobile giving mini campaigns.
- Working closely with the Development Committee and development staff to conceptualize and implement fundraising and cultivation events for individual donors and donor prospects with a focus on cultivation and stewardship.
- Collaborating with marketing and development staff on regular communications, including solicitation and stewardship pieces, to strengthen relationships between donors and Everyman Theatre.
- Analyzing and updating donor giving benefits along with the Development Committee.
- Researching and staying up-to-date on individual giving best practices to identify future opportunities for greater fundraising efficiency and results; regularly analyzing and evaluating giving results to improve the effectiveness of individual giving strategies.
- Collaborating with other program areas and development staff on meeting or exceeding targeted financial goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Everyman seeks someone for this role who has the energy, enthusiasm and desire to make a real difference in the Theatre’s fundraising efforts and to both increase the number of and deepen the current, existing individual donor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field
- A minimum of three (3) years increasingly responsible development experience. At least one (1) year of direct donor stewardship experience
- Eagerness to grow as a fundraising professional and willing to tackle opportunities and special projects as needed
- Ability to participate successfully in a fast-paced, team-orientated, constantly changing environment
- Demonstrate superior organizational skills, ability to self-direct, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines
- Have the maturity, humor and character to support a team, leading when necessary and being led when appropriate
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, including but not limited to Excel, Publisher, Word, & Outlook
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals
- Experience with Board volunteer management and the ability to maintain a high level of diplomacy
- Flexibility to adjust schedule as needed for support at events, which frequently occur on evenings and weekends
- Previous experience with PatronManager
- Experience overseeing staff and/or volunteers
- Excellent critical thinking, strategic planning and problem-solving skills
- A background and/or interest in theatre
- Master’s degree in Arts Administration, Arts Management, Non-Profit Management, or similar field
This position is full time and requires some off-peak hours for evening meetings and events. Salary and title are commensurate with experience. Everyman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.