Job Title: Event Manager
Classification: Part-time, Non-exempt
Reports to:Operations and Rentals Manager
Date Revised: December 28th 2017
Overview: Event Managers are ambassadors for Creative Alliance, who work with staff, performers, volunteers, and patrons to ensure high caliber and memorable experiences at all events. This position mainly consists of evening and weekend hours during performances, screenings, and special events.
- Provide excellent customer service all patrons and performers.
- Preparing venue for performances including setting up audience chairs in theater.
- Manage bartenders, box office assistants, and volunteers.
- Prepare and reconcile cash banks and reports for box office and bars
- Work with event lead and performers to ensure events run flawlessly and on time.
- Maintain tidiness of facility including end of shift clean up and trash removal.
- Close and secure building at end of shift.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Confident, take charge attitude, ability to multi-task, and real-time problem solve
- Outgoing personality who enjoys interacting with people
- Availability to work evenings and weekends; occasional weekdays, daytime hours a plus
- 1-5 years managing events and/or performances
- 1-5 years Customer Service Experience
- Experience handling cash
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s mission, programs, and workshops
- Bartending or bar management experience
- Box Office Experience
- Ability to speak Spanish
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.