Organization Description: Young Audiences/Arts for Learning, founded in Baltimore in 1950, is the country’s oldest and largest arts-in-education non-profit network. The Maryland affiliate of Young Audiences provides arts education opportunities to more than 190,000 students throughout the state each year. The staff, board, and teaching artists are passionate about generating opportunities for all students to imagine, create, and realize their full potential through the arts.
Job Description: This position is accountable for the day to day financial and accounting activities to support the revenue cycle of the Organization. This includes managing deposits, accounts receivables and data entry into QuickBooks. This position is part-time (approximately 24 hours per week). The Bookkeeper reports to the Finance Director.
- Process daily check deposits using the DepositNow© machine.
- Enter deposits from schools into SalesForce and link to QB
- Apply payment against grants and individual donations in QB
- For checks that don’t scan, prepare a deposit slip and take to the bank.
- Print and send out monthly statements to accounts with past due accounts receivable.
- Screen and research A/R questions from schools
- Process over-the-phone credit card payments to YAMD
- Make accounts receivable inquiry calls when necessary
- Prepare and send manual invoices for POs from school districts, based on a pre-determined invoicing schedule (case by case).
- Reconcile accounts receivable in QuickBooks to SalesForce monthly.
- Record one year and multi-year grants and individual donations in QB
- Monitor and control petty cash
- Assist with preparing financial reports for grants and affiliate
- Use template to allocate indirect expenses in excel and record in QB for class allocations
- Reconcile accrued vacation, personal and comp time with online time entry system every pay period
- Collect credit card receipts, enter into QB, and reconcile against the monthly statements for YAMD issued credit cards
- Use Excel to track MSAC residency payments against the subsidies (income)
- Help prepare for annual audit and pull samples as selected by auditor for testing
- Assist with filing and office organization
- Other duties may be assigned to meet the needs of the Finance Department and/or Organization
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge and/or working knowledge of QuickBooks
- 2 year Associate’s degree preferred, but not required
To apply: For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter, three professional references, and salary requirements to Jabril@yamd.org with “Bookkeeper" in the subject line. Please do not send applications that include headshots or photos of yourself. No phone calls or recruiters, please!
Young Audiences of Maryland
Job Submission Requirements:
To apply: For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter, three professional references, and
salary requirements to Jabril@yamd.org with “Bookkeeper" in the subject line. Please do not send
applications that include headshots or photos of yourself. No phone calls or recruiters, please!