The Birthday Party Host delivers an exciting, creative, and engaging birthday party experience. The Host should ensure smiles, laughter, excitement and positive emotions resulting in meaningful memories for all. This Host is also responsible for providing excellent and responsive service to all party guests and support the museum’s mission of playful learning and discovery through meaningful interactions.
This is a part time position offering approximately 12-16 hours per week, which requires availability of Saturdays AND Sundays. We can offer a convenient schedule for college students!
- Facilitate room setup, food handling, and reset of entire party room, ensuring smooth transitions between multiple parties throughout the day.
- Welcome all party guests with a smile, assist during check-in process, and food pick-up.
- Focus attention on the birthday child and all parents, anticipating their wants and needs.
- Lead children in fun and organized programming and activities.
- Restock party supplies as needed.
- Address and resolve customer issues and complaints; escalate when necessary to the manager in charge.
- Monitor exhibits and public spaces for safety concerns, including hazardous conditions and suspicious or unsafe guest behavior.
- Responsible for thorough understanding and knowledge of all exhibits and programs.
- Communicates/checks-in with the Birthday Party Coordinator about the party schedule, food order, payments and/or any other issues related to the party.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma required. College degree in process in Visual/Fine Arts, Theater, Education or related field a plus.
- One-year of experience working with children ages 1 to 10 required.
- Saturday and Sunday availability required.
- Theater background a plus.
- Skill in interpersonal communication.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and present information effectively to party guests.
- Ability to speak effectively in crowded settings.
- Ability to stand / walk for extended periods of time.
Port Discovery Children’s Museum provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children. The museum is conveniently located right next to a subway stop, or we offer free parking to employees.
If you are interested and feel you are qualified for this position, then please submit your resume and cover letter to apply online at: http://bit.ly/2JlEVQc
Port Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Port Discovery Children’s Museum:
As the premier children’s museum in the mid-Atlantic, Port Discovery Children’s Museum educates children and inspires life-long curiosity. Our play-to-learn philosophy opens the door for children to discover and explore the world around them and to lead smarter, healthier, more engaged lives. The Museum, a 501(c)(3) non-profit institution, offers 3 floors of educational, interactive exhibits and programs and is ranked among the Top 10 Children’s Museums in the United States by Fodor’s Travel, Forbes and Parents Magazine. To learn more, visit www.portdiscovery.org.