The Director of Marketing leads and oversees all aspects of the marketing strategy at Everyman Theatre and is a vital member of the senior leadership team. He or she is responsible for creating, developing, and executing both short- and long-term strategic marketing plans that effectively communicate the mission, vision and programming activities of the organization in a way that grows an annual audience of more than 45,000, and ticket revenue in excess of $1.6 million. This position leads a staff of 6 full-time and 15-20 part-time professionals in marketing, public relations, audience development, sales, graphic/video design, and front of house (box office, bar, house management, and volunteer ushers). The Director of Marketing reports directly to the Managing Director and is ideal for an energetic, tenacious and detail-oriented professional who is eager to find creative solutions to challenges, reach for ambitious goals, and be a part of a dynamic, fast-paced and beloved Baltimore cultural institution.
Everyman Theatre is a non-profit organization with a resident ensemble of artists from the Baltimore/Washington area dedicated to presenting high quality plays that are affordable & accessible to everyone. The Theatre is committed to embodying the promise of its name.
- Oversee the creation, implementation and analysis of all marketing, public relations, publications, and sales programs.
- Shape public perception of the theater using the highest artistic standards, through execution of brand identity in print communications, publications, electronic media, media relations, public events, and physical spaces.
- Conceive and execute promotions and partnerships to drive ticket sales or to benefit the theatre institutionally.
- Drive Everyman to innovate on social platforms and be able enhance the Theatre’s unique POV on each.
- Lead initiatives to achieve goals defined in the Theatre’s strategic plan, and further develop long-range audience development goals and strategies.
- Lead on budgeting and meeting short- and long-term financial goals for earned income (tickets, subscriptions, bar, etc.)
- Regularly monitor, analyze, and report progress on sales and budget projections to the Managing Director and Board of Directors.
- Work with Everyman leadership to increase Everyman’s involvement with the community in meaningful ways, at times representing Everyman in the community (serving on committees, attending events, etc.).
- Be as much of a friendly teacher as a proficient doer
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Manage a full-time staff that consists of a Marketing and Media Relations Manager, a Graphic Designer, a Digital Content Manager, and Audience Services Manager (who oversees Bar, House Management, and volunteer ushers), a Box Office Manager, and a Group Sales Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials across multiple platforms
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Demonstrated experience making presentations to public groups
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Experience managing a team of people, focusing on refining their skills and mentorship
- Understanding of and passion for Everyman’s mission
- An ability to give and take constructive criticism, and follow direction
- An ability to carry out a concept from start to completion, individually and as a manager
- Great communication skills, both written and oral
- A proven ability to meet deadlines
- A talent for juggling multiple creative and administrative projects and switching easily between decisions for each
- A love and proficiency for Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, MailChimp, the major social media platforms, as well as a basic understanding of ticketing systems (PatronManager a plus) and HTML.
This position is full time and requires some off-peak hours for evening meetings and events. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and competitive with similar positions throughout the country.
Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.