The Group Sales Associate is a relationship builder and savvy advocate who possesses a strong sales drive, a warm personality, and an eagerness to introduce others to Everyman Theatre. Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, he or she is responsible for all group sales, with a primary goal of increasing group sales revenue above existing targets (75% of time) and a secondary goal of providing support to the Box Office (25% of time). A highly motivated team player who must be committed to maintaining a superior level of customer service at all times, the Group Sales Associate must be detail-oriented, customer-focused and results-driven. This position interfaces with the Marketing department and Box Office to identify and maximize group ticket sales opportunities while also collaborating with other internal departments — from Education & Community Engagement to Production — to help coordinate enriching experiences that may drive group purchases and generate repeat business.
Everyman Theatre is a non-profit organization with a resident ensemble of artists from the Baltimore/Washington area dedicated to presenting high quality plays that are affordable & accessible to everyone. The Theatre is committed to embodying the promise of its name.
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with a diversity of groups and group leaders, including but not limited to institutions of learning, senior communities, residential communities, religious institutions, and other groups both large and small that result in ticket sales for Everyman Theatre programming
- Facilitate the group sales process from beginning to end: from making reservations to processing tickets to creating and sending invoices to processing payments to printing tickets to coordinating special requests such as receptions, talk-backs or other enhancement programs.
- Maintain and grow the database of group sales leads
- Generate database analysis of past season group buying trends
- Assist in the creation of group sales collateral (direct mail pieces, etc.) that will increase sales
- Assist in addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Represent Everyman in the tourism community, raising the theatre’s profile amongst hotels and those who serve visitors to Baltimore
- Lead occasional group tours of the theater
- Track sales and maintain sales reports
- Generate mailing lists from ticketing software system
- Assist in the processing of renewal and new subscriptions, including some subscription processing and ongoing maintenance
- General phone sales as needed
- Process ticket donation requests from outside organizations and online gift certificate requests
- Provide emergency back-up to box office when needed
- Additional duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in sales, administrative duties and customer service
- Motivated, pro-active and self-directed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of ticketing and general accounting practices
- Ability to coordinate events with multiple players and partners
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel, Gmail, MailChimp, and major social media channels as well as a basic understanding of ticketing systems (PatronManager a plus)
- Knowledge of theater as well as an understanding of and passion for Everyman’s mission
- Previous box office experience a plus
This position is full time and commission-based. It requires some off-peak hours. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.