The Advancement Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to all areas of the Advancement Office, including (but not limited to) the annual fund, membership, events, and grants.
- Process all incoming membership payments and maintain member database; manage all membership renewal notices and acknowledgement letters; design and implement membership acquisition and retention objectives
- Assist Annual Giving and Membership Manager with the planning and implementation of annual fund appeals, including writing, editing, and mailing solicitation letters and gift acknowledgements; processing annual fund gifts; coordinating development events; and organizing/recording minutes at Advancement Committee meetings
- Assists with public programs including responding to event inquiries, processing reservations, and assisting with promoting/setting up/managing/breaking down of some events
- Act as a staff liaison to the Young Defenders of the Maryland Historical Society affinity group
- Assist Grants & Community Partnerships Manager as needed with grant writing and reporting
- Assist Vice President of Advancement, Executive Director and Board Officers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with at least one year of related experience
Minimum Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to write from multiple organizational voices
- Ability to work as part of a high-functioning, dynamic team as well as to work independently on short and long term projects
- Ability to multitask and practice good prioritization and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to see patterns and issues across multiple platforms
- Goal oriented with the ability to both follow prescribed procedures and identify areas for process improvement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Prior experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM systems, Adobe design suite, and web design appreciated but not required
About the Position:
This is a FULL-TIME position. Full benefits package included.
Some evenings and weekends required (average of 2-4 per month).
The Maryland Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to educate people of all ages about the American experience through the rich history of Maryland using the society’s collections, and to preserve important objects and archival materials from prehistoric Maryland to the present day.
Please email a cover letter, resume with three professional references, and salary requirements to [email protected]. Incomplete applications may not be considered. No phone calls, please.