Port Discovery Children’s Museum, one of the top Children’s Museum in the United States and a top cultural institution in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, is seeking a Group Sales & Box Office Manager. The Manager oversees the Group Sales and Box Office Associates and daily department operations. Responsibilities include opening and closing the Box office on assigned days, including cashing in and out registers, observing staff throughout the day for proper customer service and timely execution of ticket sales.
The work week for this position is Monday through Friday, though availability on weekends may be necessary during the training period.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for safe count and cash reconciliation.
- Responsible for opening and closing the Box Office on assigned days, including, but not limited to, cashing in and out registers, observing staff throughout the day for proper customer service and timely execution of tickets, working a register to assist customers when needed and running and processing all end of day reports, making and balancing bank deposits.
- Develop and execute proper cash handling control procedures.
- Apply refunds to membership upgrades and any other refunds as needed.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries, requests or concerns, reporting them to the Sales Director if necessary.
- Train staff in customer service standards and operations related to their job.
- Daily processing and completing of all online orders.
- Manage Group Sales Associates to ensure customer satisfaction and efficiency.
- Act as a liaison between the School/Group Sales Manager and Group Sales Associates.
- Assist in the development of sales budgets and goals.
- Train and counsel all Group Sales and Box Office staff as needed.
- Participate in the recruiting and discipline processes with staff.
- Communicate to other departments of changes that may affect the museum experience.
- Responsible for checking in groups when needed.
- Serves a backup if Weekend Supervisor is not available to work.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or commensurate experience.
- 3-4 years’ experience in sales, administration or box office.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory/management experience.
- Cash handling experience & experience in scheduling staff members.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with a ticketing system database a strong plus.
- Museum experience a plus.
Port Discovery Children’s Museum provides a generous benefits package, in addition to providing you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children. The Museum is conveniently located right next to a subway stop, or we offer free parking to employees.
If you are interested and believe you are qualified for this position, then please submit your resume, cover letter & salary requirements via the following link:
No phone calls please. Port Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.