The Gordon Center Program Coordinator will play a key role on the Gordon Center team by providing engagement, operational, and administrative support for Gordon Center shows, programs, events, and activities. Most of the time will be spent on the Baltimore Jewish Film Festival. Other activities include coordinating exhibits for the Gordon Center visual art gallery, program outreach, and event administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in the arts, business, communications or related field.
- one to two years’ work experience; relevant summer and volunteer experience considered.
- be comfortable using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Drive.
- have good writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- be comfortable managing volunteers.
- be comfortable managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- have demonstrated teamwork experience.
- be able to work independently and take direction.
- customer service experience.
- knowledge of Judaism a plus; willingness to learn about Judaism required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer the Baltimore Jewish Film Festival including:
- Working with volunteer committee; researching films; accessing screeners and distributing to screening committee; scheduling meetings; tracking media; troubleshooting technical issues with committee members; updating evaluation documents
- Collect film press kits.
- Create and coordinate communications with guest speakers and patrons.
- Coordinate events and classes.
- Maintain engagement databases.
- Seek local performing artists for pre-mainstage engagements.
- Support volunteer managers of visual arts gallery including creating and tracking agreements with artists and coordinating exhibit installations.
- Support grant writing including gathering documents.
- Attending agency staff meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors and others.
The Program Coordinator will report to the Senior Artistic Director. The Senior Artistic Director is responsible for programming the Gordon season, and reports to the Chief Advancement Officer. The work environment at the Gordon Center and JCC is fast-paced. The above portfolio of duties is a foundation; it will vary throughout the year, and with programming. Demonstrating leadership by, for example, creative problem-solving, finding efficiencies, and suggesting outreach opportunities is welcomed.
This is a part-time position (20 hours/week.) There is some flexibility with regard to time management. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
This position requires the ability to listen to others, observe others’ actions, read text and information, comprehend instructions and manuals, occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.