The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra seeks a Marketing and Communications Intern.
Application Deadline: November 5, 2018
The BSO’s marketing department promotes the world-class Baltimore Symphony Orchestra both in the Baltimore and DC metro areas. The BSO presents nearly 130 concerts throughout the season across a diverse range of programming including Classical, SuperPops, Movies with Orchestra, and Family concerts.
The marketing intern’s projects will include, but are not limited to:
- Brainstorming, developing and assisting in promotions and partnerships to generate ticket sales
- Assisting in developing grassroots marketing plans and distributing collateral to relevant locations
- Researching projects and web/social media content
- Maintaining concierge desk and materials
- Assisting in the execution of subscriber retention, loyalty and recognition programs
- Proofreading print advertising and collateral materials, including routing materials internally
- Clipping BSO print advertisements and articles for archives
- Group sales contact and other data management
- Supporting marketing initiatives at concerts
The marketing intern will also assist with administrative and general marketing duties, and at times, will support the BSO Marketing Department at both venues, including The Music Center at Strathmore in North Bethesda, Maryland.
The marketing intern is supervised by the Assistant Director of Marketing and assists in all marketing needs. The intern is eligible for complimentary tickets when available.
Candidates should possess strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills and have an interest in gaining valuable and direct experience in the marketing department of a major performing arts organization. College students at the junior, senior and graduate levels studying marketing, public relations or communication are preferred. Classical music knowledge and ticketing experience a major plus. Please include a list of completed relevant coursework as well as whether college credit will be requested for this internship.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer.