Reporting directly to the Director of Brand and Marketing, the Graphic Designer helps create and maintain high-quality standards for the theater's visual identity across multiple platforms and collateral. This position is ideal for a creative, detail-oriented, and personable graphic storyteller who is a great communicator, able to think outside of the box to find innovative solutions to challenges, and wants to be a part of a dynamic, fast-paced and beloved Baltimore cultural institution.
Everyman Theatre is a non-profit organization with a resident ensemble of artists from the Baltimore/Washington area dedicated to presenting high quality plays that are affordable & accessible to everyone. The Theatre is committed to embodying the promise of its name.
- Work directly with Director of Brand and Marketing and Marketing team to conceptualize, design and produce print/web media that promotes the Everyman Theatre brand and programming. This includes work on branding, brochures, posters, print ads, direct mail, signage, web-related media, email campaigns, and more.
- Assist in protecting the integrity of Everyman Theatre brand and all uses.
- Help the Marketing department support the communication needs of all Everyman departments, including Development and Education & Community Engagement.
- Help manage third-party vendor relationships, which include designers, printers, mail houses and photographers
- Lead the management and updates of Everyman website.
- Assist with photoshoots as needed (this will include evening photoshoots).
- Follow design trends and industry best practices to help drive Everyman to innovate through visual storytelling.
- Maintain archives of Everyman graphic materials
- Be a social media contributor on Everyman’s social media platforms; collaborating with Everyman’s social media team to ensure optimum execution of social media goals and strategies for shows, seasons and the institution as a whole; assisting to generate content that encourages active user engagement
- Provide general administrative support including, but not limited to, filing, copying, cutting, proofreading, and assistance in maintaining the graphic design schedule
- Attend some night functions (opening nights, pre-show events, gala, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Brand & Marketing
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BA/BFA degree preferred (with coursework emphasis in graphic design, commercial/visual arts, or advertising) or comparable professional experience.
- A dynamic portfolio demonstrating a strong aesthetic sense, an ability to think creatively and strategically, and an ability to provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing diverse materials across multiple platforms
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- An ability to carry out a concept from start to completion, on your own and as part of a team
- Ability to take direction, adapt to change, and maintain a positive demeanor in a deadline-driven, fast-paced, team environment
- Strong proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate needs of the Marketing department and of the organization
- Energetic personality, capable of being a positive, influential brand ambassador for Everyman Theatre
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter and capable of handling multiple projects concurrently
- Exceptional computer skills. Knowledge of Mac operating platform a must. Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Word.
- Experience with Google Docs, MailChimp, major social media platforms, SEO, and Drupal a plus.
- Knowledge of and/or passion for the theatrical arts preferred, but not required
This position is full-time and requires some off-peak hours for events. Compensation is competitive with similar positions throughout the country and will be commensurate with experience. Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio to [email protected].