The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra seeks a Marketing and Advertising Manager
The Marketing and Advertising Manager oversees the implementation of marketing strategies and initiatives for creating and expanding revenue, including advertising, digital and direct mail campaigns. This position plays a key role in furthering the mission of the organization in building new audiences, meeting sales goals and creating the best opportunities for patrons to learn about and attend concerts.
Advertising and Media
- Spearhead the creation of all advertising (print, radio, digital, outdoor) including gathering assets, copywriting and working with internal design team
- Ensure that all media projects are communicated and produced in a timely fashion with Graphic Designers, including the management of the production schedule
- Route and traffic all advertising for approval and submittal to proper media vendor
- Produce and traffic all underwriting scripts to appropriate station
- Pull segmented lists for each direct mail campaign from the BSO's CRM
- Ensure that all direct mail projects are communicated and produced in a timely fashion with Graphic Designers, including managing the production schedule and routing process
Website and Digital Marketing
- Assist the Digital Marketing Manager in creating and employing grassroot emails
- Make minor updates to the website as needed
- Ensure all digital assets, including email, web and social media are communicated and produced ina timely fashion, including the management of the production schedule
- Ensure extension and customization of relevant marketing initiatives in the Strathmore market
- Assist in the creation and distribution of grassroot materials
- Responsible for proofreading all audience development, single ticket and subscription collateral and brochures
- Serve as first point of contact to other departments to ensure that their needs are being met while complying with the Marketing department's procedures and adherence to the organization's brand
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager in creating an email strategy that is fully integrated with all other marketing efforts and ensure consistency in messaging between print materials, website and sales emails
- Supervise Senior Graphic Designer
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, arts administration or a related field.
- 3-5+ years marketing experience in comparable industries. Experience in a non-profit sales environment a possible advantage.
- Exceptional track record of implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Personal leadership through example coupled with ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Interest in, and preferably, knowledge of classical music.
- Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with HTML or email marketing.
- Exceptional organization skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- A benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental, Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, paid entirely by the BSO
- Generous paid time off, including annual, personal and sick leave
- 403(b) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.