Classification: Full time, Exempt
Reports to: Education Director
Date Revised: January 9, 2019
Compensation: Salary Range of $38,000-42,000
Overview: The education coordinator assists in developing visual and performance art program for youth aged 4 to 17 at several schools and outreach sites and at workshops at Creative Alliance. The education coordinator manages the logistics for the education programs to youth in the nearby communities and provides assistance to the Education Director.
- Assist the Education Director in developing, planning, and implementing visual and performance arts programming for youth at Creative Alliance, schools and other public and private spaces throughout Baltimore.
- Lead the recruitment and registration process of youth participants across all programs.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure bilingual flyers and website pages are available for all programs, distributed as needed, and available in the lobby.
- Develop and manage the school tour program in coordination with the Visual Arts Curator.
- Organize calendar of events, workshops, and programs.
- Coordinate logistics of programs including program finales, exhibitions, field trips, and workshops.
Support Part-time Education Staff
- Assist with hiring, training, and onboarding of part-time education staff.
- Hold on-site orientations for part-time education staff
- Coordinate forms, flyers, journals, sign-in sheets, lesson plans, staff lists, and other resources needed by teachers.
- Order supplies and snacks and monitor inventory for all education programs.
- Act as a substitute teacher, program assistant, or site coordinator as needed
Grant Reporting and Financial Management
- Assist Education Director with management of budget for all education programs
- Generate check requests and credit card reports for education related expenses
- Input and track program data in grant-related proprietary databases.
- Assist Education Director with grant applications, financial and narrative reports, and program evaluation
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. All staff are expected to participate in key events such as the Great Halloween Lantern Parade, the Marquee Ball, and other such events.
- Experience in an educational setting as a teacher, curriculum specialist, or other related position.
- Experience working with K-17 children and youth.
- Experience as a visual artist, filmmaker, performer/musician, writer or other creative endeavor
- Reliable means of transportation for travel between program sites
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain collegial relations and collaborate with diverse communities
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Fluent in Spanish, preferred
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.
How to Apply: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please indicate whether or not you are fluent in Spanish and whether you have a driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Deadline: The position will be open until filled.