The HR Assistant / Coordinator will work in the HR Department by supporting the administration of the Talent Acquisition process, maintaining all employee records in compliance, conducting New Hire Orientation and Exit Interviews, responsible for all data entry required to various systems, and other operations in support of the HR department.
The HR Assistant/Coordinator will report to the HR Director, and support and collaborate with all members of the HR Department.
Supports the administration of the Talent Acquisition process:
- Ensure requisitions have all the complete information prior to posting
- Post requisitions and manage advertising
- Develop and maintain reports and metrics on the Talent Acquisition process
- Generate offer letter documents and completes all processes in preparation for New Hire Orientation such as New Hire Onboarding Paychex; Hire Right, ESS uploads and downloads
- Serve as POC for selected candidates and managers through process
Responsible for all employee records:
- Audit employee records annually and ensure compliance
- Create new records for new hires
- Scan terminated employee files
- Maintain proper employee documentation and medical documentation in all files
Conducts New Hire Orientation:
- Meet with new hires every other Wednesday morning
- Present benefits information, answer all questions, and collect necessary paperwork from new hires
Support the administration of the Exit Interview process:
- Provide electronic survey information to employee
- Develop and maintain reports and metrics on exit interview data
Additional duties: code and process invoices, schedule new employee trainings, and administer wellness program (i.e. benefits fair, flu shot clinic)
- 1-3 years’ demonstrated experience as an HR Assistant/Coordinator managing all administrative functions such as record keeping and compliance, HR and Payroll databases.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff. Demonstrated initiative in proposing efficient process and methods of operating.
Desired: SHRM-CP or PHR
The Walters Art Museum provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, prescription, vision, subsidized transportation and parking, museum membership, short-term disability, FSA (flexible spending account), 457b retirement, and free professional financial management counseling.
The Walters Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer. Our policy prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital status, mental or physical disabilities, or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy applies to all employment actions and complies with all provisions of federal, state, and local laws enforcing nondiscrimination in employment practices. Volunteering opportunities and employment at the Walters is contingent on a favorable investigative background check. The museum is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. The Walters Art Museum is an at-will employer.
The Walters Art Museum is a smoke and drug free workplace.