Job Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Hours: 20 hrs/week
The Maryland Historical Society has an immediate opening for a part-time Accounts Payable Coordinator.
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Enter and upload invoices into accounting system
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files and vendor W-9’s
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Assist with month end closing
- Prepare annual 1099 forms
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Assist the CFO and Accounting Office Manager as needed
- 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Proficient in data entry and data management
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software
- Knowledge of general accounting office procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and general computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About the Position:
This is a Part-Time position.
The Maryland Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to educate people of all ages about the American experience through the rich history of Maryland using the society’s collections and to preserve important objects and archival materials from prehistoric Maryland to the present day.
Founded in 1844, the Maryland Historical Society is the state’s oldest continuously operating cultural institution. In keeping with the founders’ commitment to preserve the remnants of Maryland’s past, MdHS remains the premier institution for state history. With over 350,000 art objects and artifacts and 7 million books and documents, the Society now serves more than 100,000 people through its museum, library, press and educational programs. Learn more at mdhs.org.
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include “Accounts Payable Coordinator” in the subject line. Incomplete applications may not be considered. No phone calls, please.