Baltimore Center Stage seeks a DIRECTOR OF ARTISTIC PRODUCING to join a dynamic (and often hilarious) artistic team alongside newly appointed Artistic Director, Stephanie Ybarra. The Director of Artistic Producing is responsible for driving the artistic producing function of the organization and will play a critical role in the artistic strategy of BCS. This is a full-time producing position with a focus on creating the conditions for joy-filled, inclusive storytelling and civic conversations.
- Collaborate closely with artists to facilitate joyful creative processes for wide variety of projects
- Provide dramaturgical feedback to artists as appropriate throughout the production process
- Execute and/or oversee the line producing of all artistic activities, including the establishment and maintenance of institutional best practices and processes
- Supervise Artistic Administrator and Company Manager
- Oversee all artistic budget planning and management processes
- Oversee all artistic contracting, including conferring with Artistic Administrator on union rules and their application
- Serve as primary artistic liaison to Marketing and Development department, assisting with copywriting, editing and content generation as needed.
- Participate in season planning process with a focus on operationalizing artistic strategy
- Participate in Cabinet meetings and the development of strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with Senior Artistic staff members on the development and execution of all artistic activities
- Develop and maintain processes for transparent communication and alignment of expectations with artists and BCS staff
- Serve as ambassador for BCS locally and nationally, attending performances, community gatherings and industry events as assigned by Artistic Director
- Develop and maintain relationships with artists locally and around the country on behalf of BCS
- Participate in the cultivation and nurturing of key stakeholder relationships, including donors, board members, community leaders and other arts organizations.
KEY COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Artistic Leadership: The ability to communicate with the artistic director, directors, and other artists about their project in a successful manner
Cultural Competence: A sophisticated understanding of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression principles and practices, and the ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds
Project Management: The ability to conceive of both the strategy and operational aspects of a project or program, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
Relentless Curiosity: The ability to productively question the status quo and the underlying assumptions contained therein. Solution-oriented, analytical thinking is a must
Resource Management: The ability to maximize human and financial resources in keeping with core values
Budget Management: The ability to monitor and forecast spending with well-reasoned accuracy
Communication: The ability to communicate transparently and effectively across mediums with an emphasis on strong written skills
Relationship Management: Excellent social skills with an emphasis on building and maintaining meaningful internal relationships
Compensation & Timeline:
This position is open immediately. Interviews will be done on a rolling basis.
Compensation range will be disclosed before first interview. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off and flexible work hours.