The Maryland History Day Outreach Assistant is a position at Maryland Humanities that supports the History Day program as well as related programs associated with Teaching with Primary Sources of the Library of Congress.
The Maryland History Day Outreach Assistant reports to the Maryland History Day Outreach Coordinator. The Assistant will work closely with the Outreach Coordinator to develop and implement a primary source-based curriculum for middle and high school students and teachers who are engaged in primary document analysis and research as part of participation in Maryland History Day. The Maryland History Day Outreach Assistant will travel regularly throughout Maryland to promote the use of the curriculum and assist teachers.
A more complete description of all duties is posted on the Maryland Humanities website at https://www.mdhumanities.org/about-us/jobs-internships/maryland-history-...
- Experience in public speaking, preferably in classrooms
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to cultivate positive and productive relationships and partnerships with a wide range of cultures, people, and organizations
- Ability to work remotely, with a sound internet connection, and work some in the Maryland Humanities office at 108 West Centre Street, Baltimore for occasional meetings
- Ability to travel statewide
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings
- Commitment to Maryland Humanities’ mission, vision, and values (see https://www.mdhumanities.org/about-us/mission-vision-values/)
- Teaching background
- Experience with Special Education Students and English Language Learners
- Experience working with historical documents
- Understanding of the Maryland History Day program
- A Bachelor's degree in History, Education, or a related field; an advanced degree is preferred
- This position requires regular travel within the state of Maryland.
Work remotely from home with some occasional meetings in the Maryland Humanities office (108 West Centre Street, Baltimore, MD 21201)
Position is full-time at 35 hours per week with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and credentials (range: $30,000–$33,000).
Generous benefits package including 21 days annual paid vacation, 12 days annual paid sick leave, 12 annual paid holidays, health and life/long-term disability insurance, free parking, professional development funds, and 401(k) retirement account with employer contribution.
Maryland History Day Outreach Assistant
Job Submission Requirements:
Please prepare the following materials: cover letter and résumé. Submit requested items in a single PDF file via email to [email protected]
with the subject line as “MHD Program Assistant”; no phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted through March 1, 2019. Interviews with qualified candidates will be conducted from March 11-15, 2019 with an anticipated start in mid-April, 2019.
Maryland Humanities is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, all terms and conditions of employment will be carried out without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, or disability. Maryland Humanities will not tolerate acts deemed to constitute discrimination or harassment based on gender, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.