Job Title: Math and ELA Academic Teacher
Grade levels available: 3rd grade
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Site Manager and Education Director
Dates: ASAP- June 20 except 1st Monday of the month;
Professional development and trainings:
First Monday of the month 4:30-7pm at Creative Alliance
Schedule: Mondays-Thursdays | 2:40-4:10PM
(No after school on early dismissal days)
Site: John Ruhrah Elementary/Middle: 6820 Fait Ave, 21224
Overview: Creative Alliance provides academic, artistic and cultural enrichment to students in K-8th grade at Tench Tilghman Elementary/Middle School and at John Ruhrah Elementary/Middle School as part of our Creative Alliance After School Program. Students receive homework help, exercise, snack, academic tutoring, and multicultural art enrichments followed by supper. Students are expected to have 90% attendance and follow Creative Alliance After School Policies and Expectations. Parents and guardians attend Family Orientations and provide six hours of volunteer service to support the program’s success. We partner with various organizations and teaching artists to provide arts enrichment activities including theater, African drumming, dance, percussive music, ceramics, Mexican arts, video and intramural sports. Our academic enrichment is led by certified teachers, focused on improving math and language arts study skills, knowledge and performance.
Academic Teacher supports Creative Alliance After School program goals, policies, schedule and grant report deliverables. Academic Teacher writes lessons for three weeks of instruction in ELA and Math, assess and develops plans to improve student’s performance with Academic Team. Follows behavior management system. Additional hours may include: Program Orientation, Professional Development, Youth rehearsals and Finales and quarterly evaluations.
- Promote the mission of Creative Alliance and goals of After School program
- Attend mandatory trainings and professional development workshops
- Develop after-school lessons to improve student support and performance
- Supervise and conduct 30 minutes of homework completion from 2:40-3:10PM
- Work with school coach and Lead Academic teacher to develop extended learning curriculum for one grade level to at max 20 students: English Language Arts Mondays & Wednesdays, Math on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:10-4:10PM
- Conduct daily student assessments as “exit tickets” for academics daily
- Supervise and delegate tasks to teaching assistants and/or volunteers
- Report all concerns regarding youth performance
- Implement incident reporting and safety protocols
- Engage in professional development opportunities
- Maintain an orderly and sanitary classroom
- Submit timesheets online payroll system
- Other duties as needed by Creative Alliance Education Department
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s mission, programs, and workshops
- Two years’ experience as certified BCPS teacher in K-8th grade
- Submit to and pass a background check
- Effective communication with Creative Alliance staff
How to Apply: Email resume and interest letter with preference for grade level with two references to Ms. Aldana, Education Director: [email protected]
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.