Job Title: Office Assistant
Grade levels: K-8th Grade
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Site Manager and Site Coordinator
Hours: 4 hours/day for 105 days
Hiring Dates: Now - June 30, 2019
Program Schedule: Mondays-Thursdays | 2-6PM
(No OST first Monday of the month and early dismissal days)
Site: John Ruhrah Elementary/Middle School: 6820 Fait Ave
Tench Tilghman Elementary/Middle School: 600 N Patterson Park Ave
Overview: Creative Alliance provides academic, artistic and cultural enrichment to students in K-8th grade at Tench Tilghman Elementary/Middle School and at John Ruhrah Elementary/Middle School as part of our Creative Alliance After School Program. Students receive homework help, exercise, snack, academic tutoring in math and English language arts, and multicultural art and sports enrichments followed by supper. Students are expected to have 90% attendance and follow Creative Alliance After School Policies and Expectations. Parents and guardians attend Family Orientations and provide six hours of volunteer service to support the program’s success.
Office Assistant supports Creative Alliance After School program goals, policies, schedule and grant report deliverables. Office Assistant greets all staff, volunteers and parents. Their daily responsibilities include collecting daily attendance, enters data, organizes and orders program supplies/equipment and is the point person for phone calls. Additional hours may include: CHARM training, Program Orientation, Professional Development, Youth rehearsals and Finales and quarterly evaluations.
- Act as primary point of contact for the program from 2-6PM
- Collect and maintain student, staff and volunteer attendance daily
- Maintain an organized, practical, labeled and efficient office space
- Organize, track and file student incident reports
- Response Sheet, following our behavior intervention policy
- Communicate monthly with parents in pre-approved letter format and over the phone regarding upcoming events, attendance, tardiness, enrollment status, (such as no programs the first Mondays of the month the Thursday prior)
- Makes enrollment calls to parents and notices to teachers
- Reports staff and volunteer tardiness or early dismissals
- Tracks and files program PBIS tickets, academic tickets and journals on excel sheets
- Prints and copies lesson plans and handouts as needed
- Promote the mission of Creative Alliance and goals of After School program
- Abide by Creative Alliance After School Policies and Expectations. Adhere to Schedule
- Attend and apply mandatory Family League and 21st Century Community Learning Center professional development trainings
How to Apply: Email resume and interest letter with two references to Ms. Aldana, Education Director: [email protected] . Deadline: FEBRUARY 28 by 6:00PM
Compensation: The position is temporary at 4 hours per day. The position pays $15/hr. Start date is March 4 2019. End date is June 30, 2019.
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.