Help us bring the stories of the Walters to life.
The Walters Art Museum seeks a dynamic and innovative storyteller to fill the position of Digital Media Associate in the Marketing & Communications Department. We need someone with fresh ideas and great instincts, who works quickly and nimbly and has the ability to create compelling content in a range of formats and across multiple platforms.
The position reports to the Communications Manager and works collaboratively with colleagues in a collaborative, goal-oriented team, as well as interdepartmentally to create and produce high quality, unique, experiential stories, that engage audiences, build support, and increase awareness of the Walters. S/he is the primary creator for digital communication materials including interactive social media posts and the monthly e-newsletter among other digital communications.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Tell compelling stories about the Walters through social media platforms, including new photography and video concepts. Cultivate a consistent, engaging, and approachable voice.
- Collaborate with our team to seamlessly integrate digital media into the Walters Art Museum’s strategic vision and mission.
- Build an online community of art lovers across the Walters’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), increasing the organization’s reach and strategically engaging our audiences.
- Create a consistent identity across social media platforms, in alignment with strategic plan and new visual identity
- Mobilize our supporters by producing email marketing materials that inspire interaction and boost attendance.
- Monitor the news cycle and use digital media tools to amplify stories that are key to the Walters’s strategic priorities.
- Monitor online conversations and respond in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Draft original content and adapt existing content from various sources to engage a variety of audiences.
- Stay up-to-date with digital trends and suggest new platforms when appropriate.
- Assist in determining quantitative and qualitative assessment methods and use that information to refine communications strategies.
- Generate reports to inform internal stakeholders about overall digital engagement as well as the effectiveness of specific campaigns.
- Observe and escort out-of-house video content creators.
- Attendance at some evening and weekend events is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including some web support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of digital media experience, on a full-time or freelance basis
- Outstanding written and visual storytelling skills
- Experience/knowledge in storytelling using various tools including video for multiple uses and platforms including social media.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to be diplomatic and balance trade-offs among multiple interests
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects at once, and respond to changing and new projects and priorities with grace and confidence
- Eye for good, consistent graphic design
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude, flexibility in a dynamic work environment, and appreciation for a fast-moving agile organization
- Proficiency using graphic design and video editing related software including InDesign, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro
The Walters offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.