Port Discovery Children’s Museum, one of the top Children’s Museum in the United States and a top cultural institution in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, is seeking an Exhibit Development Coordinator. The Museum provides experiences that ignite imagination, inspire learning, and nurture growth through play.
General Summary of the Job:
The Exhibit Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the conceptual planning, design, scheduling and implementation of all in-house exhibit development. The exhibits are extensive in scope and will include Activity Development, Text and Graphic Development, Research and Design. The Coordinator will adhere to budgetary allowances, update project schedules and work closely with related staff to assure quality programming. This position also requires a primary role in the research, acquisition and contract procurement for scheduling Temporary Exhibits to fill the Museum’s calendar for a three to five-year cycle. Organizational skills are necessary for careful documentation of department purchases, invoices and payment requests.
The Workweek for this position is currently Monday through Friday but is subject to change based on museum or department needs. Must be available to work on special events and holidays.
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum of one year’s experience with design and development as a visual information specialist or an exhibits department professional.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or Industrial Design is recommended with significant coursework in interactive arts and design.
- Experience working with children and creating thematic programs that have family friendly environments is required.
- Strong graphic design and three-dimensional design background with the ability to create concept, design development and construction documentation for exhibit fabrication and produce graphics serving the instructional and thematic details for each exhibit.
- Some proficiency in Creative Suite and Vectorworks is preferred.
- Museum experience a plus.
To see the full position details and to apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/2KjCzlT
Port Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.