Baltimore Center Stage is seeking a part-time Special Events Coordinator. The position works within Center Stage’s Development Department and is responsible for the management of special cultivation and fundraising events from planning to execution. Overall focus is on the quality of the experience for Center Stage guests and reaching budget goals for fundraising events.
Specific duties include:
- Primary point person to plan and coordinate all logistics (event structure and logistics, space needs, invitations, sales, décor, rentals, catering, etc.) of annual Center Stage Gala
- Act as staff liaison to the BCS Gala Committee.
- Assist in developing, coordinating, and managing all aspects of Development events including pre-show opening night dinners and receptions, Corporate sponsor events, invited technical rehearsals, etc.
- Participate in Development Department meetings and weekly event meetings led by the Audience Services and Event Manager
- Act in accordance with creating a safe, welcoming, professional environment and ensure Center Stage’s high service standards are consistently met
Position is seasonal part-time, approximately 25 to 30 hours per week
Weeknight and occasional weekend event work is required.
Contract dates: September 9, 2019 to June 12, 2020
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Center Stage is committed to building a diverse community of staff and interns. Individuals from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Baltimore Center Stage
Special Events Coordinator
Job Submission Requirements:
Undergraduate degree required; excellent interpersonal communication skills, including active listening; strong organizational skills with excellent attention to details, accuracy, and dependability; proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft software is essential; ability to navigate and collaborate with a diverse workforce across all levels of the organization; commitment to Baltimore Center Stage’s core mission and an enthusiasm for the performing arts; any related work experience in events and/or development a plus.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter. Please put "Events" in the subject line. No calls please