Port Discovery Children’s Museum is hiring!
As a vital part of the Guest Services Department and Port Discovery team, Museum Experience Associates are responsible for providing guests with an excellent, memorable experience, stellar customer service, and supporting the Museum’s mission and educational philosophy. As a member of our team, you’ll support playful learning and discovery through meaningful interaction with children and adults, ignite imaginations, and promote the power of play in children through hands-on experiences.
Port Discovery Children’s Museum is one of the top Children’s Museums in the United States and a top cultural institution in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Our mission is to educate children through play and to inspire life-long learning. This is an exciting time to join our team as we re-imagine the Museum through new world class exhibits and programming starting this Spring.
Port Discovery is seeking individuals who are:
- Energetic, enthusiastic, creative, dependable and flexible
- Passionate about play and making a difference in children’s lives and the community
- Comfortable engaging with parents and children of multiple age groups
- Calm under pressure and have excellent communication skills
This is an entry-level position, with a starting rate of $11.00 per hour. The position offers up to 29 hours per week; we can provide convenient schedules and shifts for college students.
Port Discovery provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children. Additional benefits include:
- Convenient location next to a subway stop, or we offer free parking
- Free admission to the Museum for family
- Earned time off for sick leave
- Retirement savings with Museum match after 6 months
We will also provide you with a memorable experience of being part of a world-class institution, the ability for you to be a key ingredient in our creative and informal programming, and the opportunity to experience our unique job-related training. Bring us your enthusiasm and passion!
To see the full position details and to apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/2UN93bW