The Walters Art Museum seeks enthusiastic and creative individuals to join our dynamic team of Museum Educators reporting to the Manager of Family Programs. Museum Educators facilitate programs at the museum and off-site, including but not limited to: family festivals, weekly drop-in art activities, birthday parties, scout workshops, early learning programs, interactive family tours, accessibility programs, and studio classes for pre k-12 students. Museum Educators may also assist with registration, ticketing, and general customer service for lectures, seminars, workshops, performances, and receptions for adults.
Museum Educators serve as a friendly face for all visitors. Successful candidates are passionate about working with families and children in informal learning environments, and are comfortable leading gallery tours for family audiences and facilitating art activities for visitors of all ages. They welcome and accept people of all backgrounds and abilities. We seek strong communicators (with other staff and the public) who are punctual and organized. Depending on programmatic schedules, Museum Educators can expect to work an average of 6-12 hours per week.
- High school diploma required. College degree in Studio Art, Art History, Art Education or Museum Education preferred. Students (undergraduate and graduate) may apply.
- Minimum one year working with children; experience teaching gallery and/or studio art lessons preferred.
- Knowledge of art, art education, museum education, and/or community arts.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic desire and ability to work with children, engage visitors with art and art-making, and interact with diverse museum audiences; mature, outgoing, motivated, customer service focused and team oriented.
- Able to work a flexible schedule. Evening and weekend hours required.