The [email protected] Site Supervisor is a part-time hourly seasonal position, reporting to BOPA’s Community Arts Specialist. [email protected] is a five-week artist apprenticeship program employing Baltimore City youth ages 14-21 to create works of public art in their communities. Under the leadership of professional artists, teens take part in the public art process from concept to completion by canvassing community residents and business owners, developing and presenting their designs in public community forums; painting and installing the works throughout their neighborhood.
We are seeking a creative, engaging, resourceful, and organized Site Supervisor to lead the day-to-day management of program staff and logistics for a program site which includes up to four active mural projects, a circuit of professional development courses, field trips, and community events, and artwork tours.
Manage day-to-day onsite operations
- Supervise and lead onsite personnel including teaching artists, site coordinator, interns, and youth artist apprentices
- Oversee project progress to ensure projects are completed at the highest quality, on time, and on budget
- Ensure safe and timely access to project sites and workshop space
- Plan and communicate with BOPA / Jubilee Arts / Site Coordinator to ensure timely receipt of needed supplies, materials, facilities, and transportation
- Coordinate meal distribution provided by Baltimore City Summer Food Service Program
- Ensure proper preparation and breakdown of the Art @ Work program including site and classroom setup, artist orientations, youth orientations, parent orientations, inventory, storage, and final reports
- Secure, coordinate and follow up with vendors, facilities, Jubilee Arts staff, and BOPA staff to ensure logistical needs are met for mural design presentations, field trips, and community celebrations
Youth Development & Supervision
- Ensure youth are reporting to and from project sites in a timely and professional manner
- Lead daily all staff meetings, weekly youth ambassador meetings, and all staff orientation
- Chaperone and supervise youth field trips and artist talks
- Mentor youth in their artistic and life skill development
- Coordinate accurate reporting of Youth Works timesheets and distribution of Youth Works paychecks
- Conduct YouthWorks pre and post program evaluation surveys
- Positively represent Jubilee Arts, BOPA, Art @ Work to the community residents, partners and funders
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with community residents
- Conduct community stakeholder, parent, youth, and property owner outreach including written correspondence, phone calls, canvassing, public presentations, and project promotion
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with youth within under resourced communities
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory or management role in the arts
- Effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills along with problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated visual art experience
- Experience in community organizing
- Passion for art and community
- Dependable computer and email access
- Reliable transportation
Schedule, Length of Employment & Compensation
- May - June: Site Supervisor will work 5-10 hours per month, as-needed
- June 24, 2019 through and including Friday, August 5, 2019: Site Supervisor will work Monday-Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. Additional hours may be required as needed to complete the project.
- Evening events: Design Presentation on July 11 from 5pm – 8pm and Community Celebration on August 2nd from 5pm- 8pm
- Staff trainings, Youth Works site supervisor meetings and Baltimore Housing food services training on dates – to be determined.
- Compensation: $30/hour, not eligible for full time benefits
Note: Due to the nature of this position, incumbent will be subject to a background check.
This is a grant funded position. Continued employment and hours are contingent on receipt of grant funds.
Submit cover letter and resume (with your name and job title in subject line) as one pdf document by April 22, 2019 to: [email protected]. No Phone Calls Accepted.