Baltimore Center Stage is in search of a full time Education Associate.
The Baltimore Center Stage Education Associate is a professional theater artist with significant experience as a theater instructor and arts administrator. The ideal candidate will join BCS to be the lead teaching artist and provide support to the Education department while working toward the mission of enriching the community through purposeful learning and engagement. The BCS Education Associate must also have the demonstrated ability to design and facilitate arts integrated workshops in Baltimore City area public schools and the surrounding districts.
- Co-Developing and facilitating theater and arts integration workshops for students and teachers in Baltimore City area public schools
- Building and Implementing Arts Integrated and Theater based curriculum for varied community and academic partners
- Facilitating multiple workshops per day in Baltimore City area public schools and/or other educational and cultural institutions
- Collaborating with Education Department staff and classroom teachers to plan and implement lessons that align with Common Core and National Core Arts Learning Standards
- Guiding students through a process of investigation, reflection, dialogue, and dynamic action around issues and themes that are important and relevant to them
- Participating in team meetings, orientations, and trainings, as required
- Helping students and teachers gain a physical and verbal theatrical vocabulary
- Creating a fun, safe, and supportive environment for teaching and learning
- Using theater-based approaches to catalyze learning and raise levels of student engagement
- Helping students and teachers engage with stories, and share their own stories
- Fostering and cultivating healthy relationships between teaching artists and the community
- Providing administrative and technical assistance in the development, implementation and evaluation of all educational programming
Position is full-time, year-round with benefits. Center Stage is committed to building a diverse community of staff and interns. Individuals from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume and put "Education Associate" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Baltimore Center Stage
Job Submission Requirements:
Key Competencies, Skills, Requirements:
Minimum of 3 years demonstrated professional experience in their artistic discipline of performance-based instruction.
Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience working with children and youth in Baltimore City area public schools, or in a similar public-school system
Awareness of Common Core Learning Standards, National Core Arts Learning Standards and MSDE Fine Arts Learning Standards
Cultural competency, which includes an awareness of popular youth culture, and a sophisticated understanding of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression practices and principles.
Ability to facilitate joyful creative processes with a team of artists, educators, community members and administrators
Experience in devising and curating theater for social change
Understanding of best practices for working with students with emotional, cognitive, and physical disabilities
Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Effective and transparent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent social skills with an emphasis on building and maintaining relationships
Ability to learn computer databases or CRM
Serve as an ambassador for Baltimore Center Stage by attending related performances, community gatherings, and industry events.
Bilingual candidates preferred