The Walters Art Museum seeks a Museum Advancement Administrator as part of the Walters’ Advancement Division. The Museum Advancement Administrator will provide administrative and project management support to the Deputy Director and Advancement Division.
This position provides an exceptional opportunity to gain exposure to and build skills across Development, Marketing, and Visitors Services. The Administrator reports to the Deputy Director for Museum Advancement. Museum Advancement consists of the Marketing & Communications, Visitor Services, and Development departments.
Provide administrative and project management support to the Deputy Director for Museum Advancement (50%)
- Manage the DDMA’s calendar by prioritizing daily appointments, internal and external meetings, and divisional activities; developing and distributing meeting agendas, materials, and follow-up.
- Maintain and prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information, and creating and developing visual presentations, charts, and spreadsheets as needed.
- Draft correspondence for internal and external audiences.
- Provide project management support for key initiatives.
Assist Advancement Departments and Directors (30%)
- Provide administrative support to Advancement Directors, including but not limited to Division-wide calendaring, reconciling credit cards, hiring, coding invoices, and maintaining contracts.
- Support projects for departments as needed, including but not limited to major fundraising events, development mailings, donor research, and back-up for the membership hotline and visitor services staff.
- Assist with key Museum events throughout the year, including the Gala and the Director's Dinner.
- Serve as a liaison within Advancement and across other divisions, senior leadership, trustees, and external organizations, by coordinating and disseminating information in a timely and efficient manner.
Support office of the Executive Director and other division administrators (20%)
- Provide support to Executive Director on Advancement-related tasks, meetings, receptions, and events, in collaboration with the Executive Director’s Office.
- Support Advancement-related Board committees by preparing agendas, materials, and meeting spaces, taking meeting minutes, and coordinating telecom and A/V needs. Support Board meetings as needed, in partnership with the Executive Director’s Office.
- Partner with other division administrators to maintain smooth communication across divisions, align calendars and support executive team.
Perform other duties as assigned
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum two years project-management or administrative experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel at the intermediate level
- Experience with Raiser's Edge preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Frontline, retail, or customer service experience preferred
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, attentive to detail; able to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work independently. Ability to effectively communicate and work well with individuals at all levels internally and external
- A high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
- Occasional adjustments to the schedule to support morning, evening, or weekend events and meetings.