Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Tempoary
Reports to: Site Manager
Hire Dates: October 1st, 2019 to June 6th, 2020
Schedule: Monday & Wednesday OR Tuesday & Thursday (4:15-5:15PM) | 1st Monday of the month are Staff Meetings at Creative Alliance (3134 Eastern Ave. Baltimore, MD 21224) 3 to 5PM
Sites: John Ruhrah Elementary/ Middle School (6820 Fait Ave. Baltimore, MD 21224) OR Tench Tilghman Elementary/Middle School (600 N. Patterson Park Ave. Baltimore, MD 21205)
Overview: Creative Alliance provides out-of-school-time programming that includes academic, artistic and cultural enrichment to students in K-8th grade in educational settings throughout the city. Students receive academic tutoring, multicultural art enrichments, homework help, and exercise. Creative Alliance partners with various community organizations and teaching artists to provide arts enrichment including theater, African drumming, Mexican dance, percussive music, cooking, video game design, basketball, and boxing.
Enrichment Teachers support Creative Alliance’s Out of School Time program goals and policies. Teachers write weekly lesson plans and submit daily enrichment journals using Creative Alliance templates.
Enrichments include but are not limited to:
- Visual Arts
- Drama/ Theater
Enrichment Teachers are paid for an additional hour of planning provided they have submitted both their lesson plan and daily enrichment journal. Additional hours may include: Planning, ordering supplies, professional development, youth rehearsals, finales, and quarterly evaluations.
- Promote the mission of Creative Alliance and goals of After School program
- Attend mandatory trainings and professional development workshops
- Supervise and conduct 60 minutes of arts enrichment to class of max 20 students
- Conduct student assessments with support of supervisor
- Delegate tasks to program assistants and/or volunteers
- Follow safety protocols and behavior management policies of BCPS and Creative Alliance
- Maintain an orderly classroom
- Plan for and participate in winter and spring youth finale presentions
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s mission, programs, and workshops
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an arts educator for K-8 grade students
- Complete a background check
- Effective communication skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.
To apply, please CLICK HERE to complete the online application and upload your resume