Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Temporary
Reports to: Site Coordinator
Hire Dates: October 1st, 2019 to June 6th, 2020
Schedule: Monday- Thursday (2PM-6PM) | 1st Monday of the month are Staff Meetings at Creative Alliance (3134 Eastern Ave. Baltimore, MD 21224) 3PM to 5PM
Sites: John Ruhrah Elementary/ Middle School (6820 Fait Ave. Baltimore, MD 21224) OR Tench Tilghman Elementary/Middle School (600 N. Patterson Park Ave. Baltimore, MD 21205)
Overview: Creative Alliance provides out-of-school-time programming that includes academic, artistic and cultural enrichment to students in K-8th grade in educational settings throughout the city. Students receive academic tutoring, multicultural art enrichments, homework help, and exercise. Creative Alliance partners with various community organizations and teaching artists to provide arts enrichment including theater, African drumming, Mexican dance, percussive music, cooking, video game design, basketball, and boxing.
Principal Responsibilities: Program assistants support lead teachers with actively engaging students, managing the classroom, and completing daily learning objectives.
- Actively engage students at all times during the program
- Ensure students transition between classes in an orderly fashion
- Assist Lead Instructor with academic and enrichment classes
- Log attendance, snack and supper per student
- Log behavior for each student daily in provided forms
- Clean up after meals and snacks.
- Report all incidents regarding behavior and safety protocols to supervisor
- Assist students in organizing their own supplies and cleaning up
- Attend trainings and professional development workshops
- Clean up from the days’ activities so classroom is prepared for morning use
- GED or High School Diploma required
- Must complete background check
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s education and arts mission
- Experience working with elementary and middle school students
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with students and teachers
- Attention to detail
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.
To apply, please CLICK HERE to complete the online application and upload your resume by Sept. 9th, 2019