Young Audiences/Arts for Learning, founded in Baltimore in 1950, is the country’s foremost arts-in-education non-profit organization. The Maryland chapter of Young Audiences (YA) provides more than 9,000 arts education opportunities to nearly 200,000 students, artists, and educators throughout the state each year. YA is a mission-driven organization that values community, innovation, and passion. The staff, board, and teaching artists have a shared commitment to advance equity in the field of education by working tirelessly to generate opportunities for students to imagine, create, and realize their full potential through the arts.
This position is a new, full-time, exempt position that assists the Education Director for Baltimore City with a wide range of complex office administration and support duties, primarily preparing for, organizing, and managing different arts integration programs and professional development seminars throughout the year. You’ll work in a close-knit, fun, dynamic environment assisting with programs that include the Summer Arts and Learning Academy (SALA) and its after school component, the Teaching Artist Institute (TAI), Artful Practices, and the Principal Fellowship Course.
Program Administration and Coordination (90%)
- Supports and assists with coordination, delivery, and implementation of educational programs such as the Summer Arts and Learning Academy (SALA) and its after school component, the Teaching Artist Institute (TAI), Artful Practices, and the Principal Fellowship Course.
- Assemble residency, orientation, and professional development packets, outreach and other materials (nametags, binders, etc.).
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including assisting with the development and dissemination of marketing materials and assisting with data collection and other evaluation needs.
- Manage data entry for artist programs for the education and program departments into scheduling software (Salesforce), and create and distribute program contracts/invoices to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Coordinate events and variety of programming activities, including securing space that meets program needs and handling all catering; schedule and manage internal and external meetings, while providing logistical support.
- Track all paperwork related to state, county, and city funded residencies, and ensure their timely and accurate submission.
- Manage clerical and administrative duties, including but not limited to: making copies, taking meeting minutes, organizing supplies, setting and cleaning up meeting spaces.
- Manage logistics, including initiating, creating and tracking communication and information flow with program participants, partners, and stakeholders.
- Review, assess, and appropriately route partner inquiries; monitor follow up action steps.
- Use multiple technical applications to organize and coordinate activities including word processing, database management, spreadsheets, graphics and presentation software, electronic calendar, and email.
- Work with the YA staff as needed on special projects.
Other Duties as assigned: 10%
The person in this position plays a key role in the organization. We are seeking a multi-tasker who is passionate, community-oriented, innovative and persistent, with strong organizational, scheduling, and time management skills. A driver’s license is required as the position requires travel within Baltimore City, and at times to other parts of the state.
The candidate must also have:
- A passion for the arts, arts integration, and the role of teaching artists/community artists in education.
- At least two years of relevant administrative experience.
- A self-starter with a proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level written and verbal communication skills, as well as proven interpersonal skills. Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and constituencies.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite, Canva and mail merge tools and/or an ability to become familiar with organization-specific programs and software. Experience with Google Suite, Salesforce, and Form Assembly preferred.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias, and its impact on policies and practices, especially related to the administration of public education.
We offer an attractive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision health care coverage, paid sick leave, and vacation time.
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Executive Assistant" in the subject line. The deadline to apply is October 1, 2019. Please do not send applications that include headshots or photos of yourself. No phone calls or recruiters please.