Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Operations and Rentals Manager
Date Revised: June 11, 2019
Compensation: $5.50/hr plus tips
Overview: Bartenders provide excellent customer service and sell drinks and snacks to Creative Alliance patrons in our theater bar and Marquee Lounge during performances, private events and other, sometimes offsite, programs. They act as ambassadors for the Creative Alliance and assist Event Managers with event set up and clean up.
- Sell drinks and popcorn to patrons
- Handle cash and credit card transaction with care and confidentiality
- Count register drawer at beginning and end of shift
- Stock and maintain cleanliness of bars
- Assist other staff with administrative tasks as needed, including post event clean up
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- 21 years of age or older
- 1-3 years bartending experience, preferably in a performance venue setting
- Outgoing personality who enjoys interacting with people
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s mission, programs, and workshops
- Customer Service experience
- Availability to work evenings and weekends; occasional weekday, daytime hours a plus
- Experience creating themed cocktails for events
- Alcohol Awareness certification, preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish, preferred
How to Apply: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Deadline: The position will be open until filled.
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.