Port Discovery Children's Museum is looking for a responsible individual to be our part-time Evening Crew Housekeeping Associate. The Associate is responsible for the cleanliness, upkeep, and thorough deep cleaning of all areas within the museum facility. The objective is to provide a safe, clean, and comfortable museum environment for guests and employees. The successful candidate will have good communication skills, can follow instructions, and takes pride in being part of our team!
The position consists of up to 29 weekly hours, working the 5:00 to 9:00 pm shift.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Meticulously and consistently performs regular housekeeping / custodial duties. Responsible for attention to detail, and consistent and thorough cleaning of the entire Museum facility.
- Provides safe, clean, comfortable museum environment for museum guests.
- Possess skillsets required to make certain quality and productive cleaning practices are being performed in a safe and healthy manner.
- Cleaning all surfaces of the museum by vacuuming, dusting, mopping floors, wiping, cleaning/disinfecting bathrooms, removing trash throughout the museum, restocking supplies, and any additional needed custodial duties.
- Ability to attend to the needs of guests while on the floor of the museum.
- Operates machinery as it pertains to cleaning the museum.
- High school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the housekeeping/custodial field or related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the housekeeping/custodial field.
- Has knowledge of common custodial / cleaning products and their use.
- Willingness to learn; ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Satisfactory written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on feet for long hours, lift 30-50 pounds, and work in high spaces / on lifts.
- Willingness to be flexible in scheduling weekends are required.
- Cultural competency and experience working with diverse communities.
- Experience in customer service a plus.
Candidates must be 18 years of age and pass a background check before hire.
Port Discovery Children’s Museum provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children. The Museum is conveniently located right next to a subway stop, or we offer free parking to employees. In addition, part-time employees are eligible for dental & vision insurance, as well as 401k retirement savings, after 6 months of service.
If you are interested and believe you are qualified for this position, then please submit your resume, cover letter & salary requirements.
No phone calls please. Port Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Port Discovery Children’s Museum
As the premier children’s museum in the mid-Atlantic, Port Discovery Children’s Museum educates children and inspires life-long curiosity. Our play-to-learn philosophy opens the door for children to discover and explore the world around them and to lead smarter, healthier, more engaged lives. The Museum, a 501(c)(3) non-profit institution, offers 3 floors of educational, interactive exhibits and programs and is ranked among the Top 10 Children’s Museums in the United States by Fodor’s Travel, Forbes and Parents Magazine. To learn more, visit www.portdiscovery.org.