Ticket Agents represent the face of the BSO and are responsible for all aspects of customer service, including but not limited to subscription sales, single ticket sales, exchanges and resolving customer issues by phone, e-mail/web, mail, fax and in person for all BSO venues, including the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall and the Music Center at Strathmore. Ticket Agents must possess a friendly, service oriented demeanor and be willing to go above and beyond to assist BSO patrons. Must be flexible and willing to work daytime, evening and weekend hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the operation of the Ticket Office call center, answering customer phone calls in a professional and efficient manner.
- Process and fulfil ticket orders for patrons through all modes of sale - walk-in, phone, e-mail, web, mail, fax and concert window.
- Handle a wide variety of ticketing requests/orders, including single ticket orders, subscription orders and renewals, seat change requests, ticket exchanges, ticket donations, monetary donations, refunds, rental events sold through Ticketmaster.
- Data entry and database maintenance, including building and updating patron accounts, preventing/merging duplicate patron accounts, updating website logins, entering customer comments, entering brochure and information requests.
- Work BSO concerts, assisting patrons at the window with ticket purchases and will call pick up.
- Know about our products and venues in order to answer patron questions and make seating and programming recommendations.
- Become familiar with our website and its functionality in order to assist patrons with technical issues.
- Keep the office clean and organized. File will call tickets, get tickets out in the mail quickly and help keep the office well stocked with necessary supplies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- Ticketing, arts/amusement, retail or customer service experience required, 1+ years of experience preferred.
- Knowledge of classical music or the arts a plus.
- Must possess exceptional customer service and communication skills and be able to interact with patrons in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ideal candidate will have strong problem solving skills, be willing to navigate difficult customer service scenarios and share our commitment to excellent customer service, team work, and maintaining a professional work environment.
- Computer skills required. Familiarity with Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Knowledge of Tessitura, Ticketmaster or similar ticketing software systems a plus.
- SUNDAY SHIFT REQUIRED. The Sunday shift is typically 11:45am-5:00pm, from September-June. The office is closed on Sundays in the months of July and August.
- Must be flexible and willing to work daytime, evening and weekend hours. Some holidays required. Must be punctual for all shifts.
- Must be willing to work at offsite venues on rare occasions (i.e. Oregon Ridge Park, Music Center at Strathmore).
See full job description here: https://www.bsomusic.org/about/employment-opportunities/administrative/p...
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
Ticket Service Agent (Part-Time)
Job Submission Requirements:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
, or mail to the attention of Amy Bruce, BSO Ticket Office, 1212 Cathedral St Baltimore, MD 21201. No phone calls, please. EOE/M/F/V/D
Pay starting at $11.50 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience.