Open Minds Enrichment Teacher
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Temporary
Reports to: Education Coordinator
Hire Dates: February 4th, 2020 to May 28th, 2020
Schedule: Tuesday & Thursday (3:00PM-5:00PM)
Site: Creative Alliance, 3134 Eastern Ave, Baltimore MD 21224
Overview: Open Minds is located at Creative Alliance and at partner host schools and libraries. Local youth in our signature Open Minds program create awe-inspiring artwork. Open Minds Art Club is a free after-school reading based art program. We teach students creative problem-solving techniques and use the arts to develop critical thinking skills. Teaching includes hands-on art projects and tours to Creative Alliance galleries. Through literature, art making, and storytelling, Open Minds participants create works of art. These projects include collage, painting, and performance. Student masterpieces are displayed in a final exhibition.
Enrichment Teacher supports Creative Alliance’s Out of School Time program goals and policies. Teacher writes weekly lesson plans and submits daily enrichment journals using Creative Alliance templates.
- Enrichment Teachers are paid for planning provided they have submitted both their lesson plan and daily enrichment journal. Additional hours may include: Planning, ordering supplies, youth rehearsals, finales, and quarterly evaluations
- Promote the mission of Creative Alliance and goals of After School program
- Attend mandatory trainings and professional development workshops
- Supervise and conduct 2 hours of arts enrichment to class of max 25 students
- Conduct student assessments with support of supervisor
- Delegate tasks to Program Assistant and/or volunteers
- Follow safety protocols and behavior management policies of Creative Alliance
- Maintain an orderly classroom
- Plan for and participate in youth finale presentations
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s mission, programs, and workshops
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an arts educator for K-8 grade students
- Complete a background check
- Effective communication skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.
To apply, please complete CLICK HERE to complete the online application and upload your resume