GBCA creates equity and opportunity In, Through, and For arts and culture in Greater Baltimore. It is an independent, IRS designated 501 (c)(3) membership and service organization that nurtures and promotes a vibrant, diverse, and sustainable arts and culture community essential to the region’s economic success and quality of life.
GBCA is committed to fairness in hiring and embraces the contributions of staff from all backgrounds. For GBCA, cultural equity embodies the values, policies, and practices that ensure that all people—including but not limited to those who have been historically underrepresented based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status, or religion—are represented in the development of arts and culture; the support of artists; the nurturing of accessible, thriving venues for expression; and the fair distribution of programmatic, financial, and informational resources.
GBCA’s Director of Development and Membership will play a leading role in the implementation of GBCA’s 2020-2025 Strategic Plan, which outlines a path for organizational sustainability. This includes the growth and cultivation of donors and members. He/she/they will design and implement strategies to support, recruit, and retain donors and organizational and individual members. Responsibilities include facilitating timely campaigns, maintaining accurate records, and leading the strategy for successful development outcomes that support a $1 million budget. The position reports directly to the Executive Director and is supported by a Grants Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing a three-year campaign in partnership with the Executive Director to raise $600,000 to support implementation of the strategic plan.
- Working closely with the Board of Directors including the Development and Membership Committees.
- Managing annual giving and membership campaigns.
- Managing development operations including the Salesforce database
- Evaluating and reimagining GBCA membership benefits,
- Expanding and stewarding the Director’s Council, which consists of major donors over $1,000 in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Managing the Grants Manager and overseeing foundation, corporate, and government grants with the Executive Director
- Maintaining accurate donor/membership records electronically and in hard files
- Handling other duties as assigned and necessary in a timely and professional manner.
- A deep commitment to the mission of GBCA.
- Development/Fundraising experience.
- Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization.
- Appreciation for the role and impact of arts and culture in the region
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher in a Mac environment. Knowledge of donor software such as Salesforce or a similar Blackbaud-based system.)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, anticipate needs, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task.
- Ability to build rapport with the board of directors, program participants, members, donors, volunteers, and the public with diplomacy and discretion, and customer-service orientation.
- Ability to work kindly and effectively with colleagues and volunteers
Education: B.A. or related arts-based employment experience
Job Categories: Exempt full-time regular/full year with benefits
GBCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Categories: Development Full-time
Employer Name: Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance
Employer Website: http://www.baltimoreculture.org
Job Submission Requirements: Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]