Young Audiences/Arts for Learning, founded in Baltimore in 1950, is the country’s foremost arts-in-education non-profit organization. The Maryland chapter of Young Audiences (YA) provides more than 9,000 arts education opportunities to nearly 200,000 students, artists, and educators throughout the state each year. YA is a mission-driven organization that values community, innovation, and passion. The staff, board, and teaching artists have a shared commitment to advance equity in the field of education by working tirelessly to generate opportunities for students to imagine, create, and realize their full potential through the arts.
The Program and School Relationship Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position that will report to the Program Director. The role partners with schools, artists, and community organizations to meet their needs for art and arts-integrated programming. The coordinator is responsible for developing relationships with schools and other partner organizations to promote, sell, plan, and implement customized arts programs and services. Additionally, the coordinator may support or lead special projects throughout the year based on the needs of the organization. Pay will be commensurate with experience, and we offer a competitive benefits package.
Due to COVID-19, currently this position is remote/work from home, with optional opportunities for occasional in-person work. Movement back to an in-person office environment is expected once determined necessary by the organization, which will be no earlier than June 2021.
- Build relationships with schools and venues to build strong partnerships and provide high quality programs to students and teachers
- Identify schools with a high potential for a greater programmatic partnership and work with schools to expand programs and services within these schools
- Work with Chief Program Officer and Program Director to help set team goals and to create and track annual budget for each program area
- Support planning and implementation of all marketing and communications activity related to all program areas
- Manage scheduling requests, which concern all stages of the scheduling process, from initial inquiries through the final booking of YA's programs
- Facilitate the scheduling and planning process between artists, schools, and community-based organizations
- Track and report on relevant program data, enter all program data into scheduling software and create contracts to ensure timely payment
- Facilitate planning and evaluation meetings between artists and schools, which may occur onsite at the school/venue
- Regularly attend artist programs to be better able to describe programs and recommend programs based on knowledge of the school environment, educational and artistic objectives, and budget
- Assist schools in writing applications and applying for state, county, and city-funded residencies by assisting with the development of individual grant applications
- Manage all paperwork related to state, county, and city-funded residencies, and ensure their timely and accurate submission
- Seek out and stay connected with opportunities in the program area, which may include grant funding sources, artist showcases and catalog listings, local resource fairs, etc.
- Represent YA at meetings, showcases, and resource fairs throughout the year; this may include occasional evening hours when necessary
- Work with development and finance departments to report program outcomes
- Work with the Program and Education Directors to regularly evaluate YA roster artists and programs to ensure excellence through artistic, education, and equity lenses
- Play an active role in supporting the organization’s goals related to racial equity and inclusion
- Work with the YA staff on special projects based on organizational need; past projects have included project management for new program innovations, participation in internal task forces and work groups, support with specific funding programs, etc.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing opportunities for youth to realize their full potential in our society and value the arts as a transformational tool in our schools and communities. The person in this position plays a key role in the organization, and the position requires a passion for arts education, as well as excellent organization, leadership, and communication skills. Past experience in customer relationship management and budget coordination are preferred.
Driver’s license and reliable transportation is required as the position will require regular travel throughout the state of Maryland (up to 50% of the time) after the YA office reopens in 2021.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- A passion for the arts, arts integration, and the role of teaching artists/community artists in education.
- Degree in higher education or equivalent related work experience.
- A self-starter with a proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias, and its impact on policies and practices, especially related to the administration of public education.
- Competency in analyzing policies, systems, and structures through a race equity lens, which results in the advancement of equity and minimizing biases and injustices.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, and be skilled with budgeting.
- Must have professional-level written and verbal communication skills, as well as proven interpersonal skills. Ability to work across teams and with a variety of simultaneously occurring projects and constituencies.
- Data entry/computer experience is required. Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, Salesforce, and mail merge tools and/or an ability to become familiar with organization-specific programs and software. Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g. e-calendars and copy machines).
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Past experience in nonprofit administration
We offer an attractive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision health care coverage, retirement contributions, paid sick leave, and vacation time.
For consideration, please apply on our website: https://www.yamd.org/join-us/internship-and-employment-opportunities/pro...
This position has a rolling deadline. Applications not submitted through the website above will NOT be considered. Please do not send applications that include headshots or photos of yourself. No phone calls or recruiters please.