Baltimore Center Stage invites applications for the position of ARTISTIC PRODUCING ASSOCIATE, COMPANY MANAGEMENT (APA), to join a dynamic (and often hilarious artistic team). The APA reports to the Director of Artistic Producing and works closely with the Artistic Producing Manager and the rest of the artistic and production departments. This position is envisioned as an entry point to artistic producing. A key member of the artistic team, the APA drives the artist services and company management function of the organization. This is a full-time seasonal position with a focus on creating the conditions for safe, supportive, and joy-filled experiences for all artists associated with Baltimore Center Stage.
Company Management/Artist Services
- Organizes key logistics related to travel and housing for all artists at Baltimore Center Stage
- Provide exceptional care to artists in compliance with all union agreements and in alignment with BCS values
- Working closely with the Operations department, coordinate maintenance and occupancy of Baltimore Center Stage housing
- Curate memorable, joy-filled experiences for guest artists
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with Artistic Producing Manager and Associate Production Manager to facilitate the onboarding process of all visiting directors, choreographers, actors, musicians, special consultants, and designers, including contracts and other paperwork
- Participate in artistic budget planning and management process
- Maintain, track, and forecast expenses for the Company Management department
- As a member of the Artistic Team, cover external performances, scout artists in the field, and participate in internal artistic meetings including season planning, delivering opinions and recommendations
- As needed, support the line producing of projects and special event
A more robust position description can be found on our website.
Baltimore Center Stage
Artistic Producing Associate, Company Management
Job Submission Requirements:
Please submit a resume and a statement about why you are interested in this position. No “cover letters” necessary. While we ask that resumes be submitted in written form, we invite applicants to submit their Artistic Producing Associate statement via a written piece, audio or video recording – whatever form best supports your self-expression.
Submission link: https://baltimorecenterstage.submittable.com/submit
In order to help maintain an equitable process, please do not submit unsolicited candidate recommendations or directly contact the artistic staff regarding this position. For process or technical questions, please email [email protected]
Wkly Salary $788 plus standard company health benefits and paid time off.
Note: this is an exempt position with daily hours that may fluctuate due to rehearsal and performance schedules, but overall hours and boundaries that align with work/life balance.