Port Discovery Children's Museum provides experiences that ignite imagination, inspire learning, and nurture growth through play. We are currently looking for talented, friendly and outgoing Box Office Associates.
Currently, the museum is open on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, plus some holidays. Work schedules are:
- Wednesday 9:30 am to 2:00 pm
- Friday 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Sunday 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
We are looking for Associates that can commit to working both weekend days (Saturday and Sunday), plus at least one week-day. Please be prepared to respond with your desired work schedule preference when applying.
Summary of Position:
Box Office Associate will serve as the first point of contact for all guests who visit the museum and is responsible for upholding the highest degree of customer service. Responsibilities include greeting and directing guests, selling museum admissions, as well as maintaining and updating the ticketing software database. We are looking for someone that is outgoing, likes interacting with people, and has good attention to detail. Additional responsibilities will include soliciting and managing group sales via the phone. The successful candidate must have the ability to anticipate and respond quickly and effectively and to enact sound judgment in respect to guest needs, questions, and expectations.
Port Discovery is seeking individuals who are:
- Energetic, enthusiastic, creative, dependable and flexible
- Problem solvers
- Calm under pressure and have excellent communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College minded individuals preferred.
- 1-3 years’ cash handling experience required.
- Computer experience required.
- Excellent verbal communication required.
- Proven customer service training and skills a plus.
- Experience with children and / or a theatre background a plus.
- Must be 18 years of age and able to pass a criminal background check
This is an entry-level position, with a starting rate of $11.75 per hour.
Port Discovery provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children. Additional benefits include:
- Convenient location next to a subway stop, or we offer free parking
- Free admission to the Museum for family
- Earned time off for sick leave
- Retirement savings with Museum match after 6 months
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Must be able to meet physical demands of job to include walking, standing, climbing, bending, kneeling and lifting / moving objects up to 20 pounds. Largest amount of time is spent sitting and standing. Work is performed indoors, and the noise level is usually moderate to high. Must be comfortable working amongst small groups of children and caregivers. Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult. This role frequently uses computers, phones, and includes frequent interaction with guests.
- Virtual interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Physical distancing guidelines in place
- Capacity levels set in exhibit spaces
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Daily health screening process
If you are interested and feel you are qualified for this position, then please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
To learn more about Port Discovery Children’s Museum, visit https://www.portdiscovery.org/. Port Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.